Chicago @ Ottawa | Hossa comes home for 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, Hawks stole a point or two there, didn't deserve that game at all. Andy has been generous

Very happy with the way the Sens played tonight, could have score a dozen goals easily. I think Starling has been the Hawks best players and he gave up 4 goals. Really deserved to win this game but a SOL is basically a tie game.

Yes, this isn't a new argument especially when we started the rebuild by swapping Elliott for Anderson. His last season with the Av's was a bridge burning hot mess.
You'd think with the trades we made and getting Andy we'd have picked #1.
It started then and hasn't stopped.

You mean it's a freaking stupid argument?

And no, even without Andy, Sens wouldn't have picked #1, not even close... and I also doubt top-3. When will people get over that?

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Good game, take the point. I can't believe nobody tried to make Darling move, straight shots are not a great call against a huge goalie.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
In the end.. I feel like a point is justified. Both teams were pretty equal tonight. Chicago simply got the extra point for the following mini-game.

Awesome to see Hossa get his 1000th point in Ottawa. Will never stop being a fan of his. He never should have been traded.

Lastly.. I think they need to do wraparound drills on Andy in practice. Big time.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A little surprised PM didn't use Zibanejad in the shootout since he had some confidence going there after his first goal.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Turris loves to go to the far hash mark and let the goalie angle off the whole net. There's nothing left for him when he does that.

I just don't get it.

edit/ and as a right hand shot he should be going to the far left, not the far right, he makes it easy for the goalie.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Couldn't watch the game except for OT and SO (which were both meh). Was there a nice little ovation for Hossa or anything?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Definitely need to practice shootouts.

Really enjoyed watching the kid line. If those guys can keep up that pace and buzz around the ice like that, they could turn into something special for us in a hurry.

Love seeing Zibby pot one. He needed that one badly.

Cowen had a pretty decent game. Still a work in progress, but he's improving.

Sweet hockey IQ goal by Ryan. That's why he's so dangerous out there, he can see opportunities others can't.

Gryba had some good shifts in his end. Strong PK at the end fo the game.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Frustrating loss because we could have won it, and maybe even should have won it. I agree with the sentiments of getting Legwand off the PP, he is no threat whatsoever to shoot.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Karlssons worst game in ages.

Wier was awful.

Kid line was great.

Put Bobby on the top unit, take Legwand off completely.

Put Ceci on 2nd PP minimum.

Have another play on our pp other than Kasson trying to set up a one-tee to Thrris/Zib.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Chiasson is a good shooter what's wrong here? Turris is bad when he goes wide like that he never scores, awful move.
Wonder why we don't see Karlsson more than that in the SO he is good. Anyway back to the game Andy let us down on that Hossa goal but overall he was good. I take away 2 things from this game we had chances to put them away and we didn't. Also Neil and his line trying to play defense versus keith seabrook and co, why do you matchup like that?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Legwand needs to get off the PP.

All he does is slow the play down to pass it to Karlsson. Why not throw Hoff out there

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
In the end.. I feel like a point is justified. Both teams were pretty equal tonight. Chicago simply got the extra point for the following mini-game.

Awesome to see Hossa get his 1000th point in Ottawa. Will never stop being a fan of his. He never should have been traded.

Lastly.. I think they need to do wraparound drills on Andy in practice. Big time.

Well he did stop a wraparound attempt about a minute earlier before the one that went in... so he's up to a 50% success rate!

Good game, take the point. I can't believe nobody tried to make Darling move, straight shots are not a great call against a huge goalie.

Agreed... seemed weird they just kept him static and tried to shoot through the existing holes. I'd have liked to see someone try to get him going east-west and fivehole him then.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Coach should've used the kid line on the pp. They were all over the hawks 5on5 and I can only imagine what they could've done 5on4.

Anyway, I thought we were the better team for most of the night. Too bad we couldn't convert on the pp. Our pk was excellent

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Well he did stop a wraparound attempt about a minute earlier before the one that went in... so he's up to a 50% success rate!

Agreed... seemed weird they just kept him static and tried to shoot through the existing holes. I'd have liked to see someone try to get him going east-west and fivehole him then.

Isn't that what Turris tried? Maybe a lame attempt, but still.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Do we really have anyone with sick moves on the sens though. Sharp and Kane undressed Andy. Dont see to many sens player dangle like that

Othello*

The pp was hilarious to watch, all they would do is pass to the point

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Games like this remind me of poking fun at all of the Habs and Leafs fans who were lining up on the main board to tell us how much we overpaid for MacArthur. The man is a freaking beast night in and night out. His contract seemed fair at the time, and right now it looks like an outright bargain.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
fun game, good job by the Sens to tie it up, and we had a lot of chances and put up a lot of shots in the third

karlsson was really awesome, but he was also really terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad