Rumor: Chicago may be working on deal with Cam Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Any goalie could..not that they will. We don't know who is good in room or good with young goalies. There is no guarantee Ward is even good with those things.

Nice side step. Lehner is an example of a goalie who can’t so not every goalie can do it.

Actually things like being good in the room are reported.

Ward is experienced as a starter so he can help our young kids grow.

I am not a fan of the signing but your stance is pretty off.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nice side step. Lehner is an example of a goalie who can’t so not every goalie can do it.

Actually things like being good in the room are reported.

Ward is experienced as a starter so he can help our young kids grow.

I am not a fan of the signing but your stance is pretty off.
Can you find me one of Ward being that?

I'm not side stepping, simply saying there could be other goalies out there that could be good in the room and with young goalies. We don't know that much about them, unless it is reported.

And it doesn't matter if he is good with young goalies because he won't be playing with them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Those other goalies don't have a league wide rep like Ward does and aren't SC champion and former MVP

Those may not matter to some but it certainly is type of experience that is rare

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Literally any goalie could do that, Khudobin, Halak, etc. IMO signing Ward indicates Crawford is fine, and those things Ward could bring aren't needed.

And I would rather have a goalie that can stop the puck than a goalie who is good in room or good for young goalies.
They could, However, Not just any goalie will sign for 1 year, both those any any goalie so far reported are signing 2 or 3 year deals.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Who cares? Would have loved Khudobin on a 2 yr deal, because they will be looking for another goalie next year.
Hes also 32... I want them to be looking for another goalie so they have any semblance of something in Crows final contract year.

People who want Delia, Nalimov, or Lakenin to get a shot they may earn..

Reactions: BK

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We do have a pipeline you know...

We do?

I see not much in pipeline at moment

Maybe Delia has some upside but his play at AHL/NHL is so limited we cant really see if he has legit upside and rest is garbage with Nalimov likely traded

Forsberg is bum and what else do we have that could be in NHL in 2019-20?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We do?

I see not much in pipeline at moment

Maybe Delia has some upside but his play at AHL/NHL is so limited we cant really see if he has legit upside and rest is garbage with Nalimov likely traded

Forsberg is bum and what else do we have that could be in NHL in 2019-20?

CD has ability as does Forsberg. You get a hard on for Ward but Forsberg puts up better numbers on a worse team and he is a bum, just a terrible take.

Forsberg is all about consistency and if he gets that honed I. He has the tools to be a NHL starter.

Nailimov had a 23 game stretch of good. Potential sure.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
CD has barely played in AHL/NHL and Forsberg has been trash in NHL with both teams he has played with

Hawks front office has seen enough of Forsberg and its clearly they don't think highly of him after the Huet moments all last year since they are going out to get Ward

Also LOL as you propping up Delia while then bashing Nalimov for his "23 game stretch"

That 23 games from Nalimov in 2nd best league in world is better then anything Delia has done

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
CD has barely played in AHL/NHL and Forsberg has been trash in NHL with both teams he has played with

Hawks front office has seen enough of Forsberg and its clearly they don't think highly of him after the Huet moments all last year since they are going out to get Ward

Also LOL as you propping up Delia while then bashing Nalimov for his "23 game stretch"

That 23 games from Nalimov in 2nd best league in world is better then anything Delia has done
Compare that 23 game stretch to Delias final 23 games and it's as if not more impressive. He basically was winning every game he played since March with over a double digit win streak. Then dominated a high scoring ahl team and another in the playoffs.

But because a person in a position of no bargaining asked yo be traded doesnt make it likely. Everything before he said was about coming after next season, him changing that doesnt make the hawks owe him a place to play.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Where did I bash Nailimov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad