JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Is the tank back on the menu boyos?

U3uLmTv.gif

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Disagree; depth is fine or your expectations are unrealistic. Team desperately lacks bonafide game breakers and it shows. They have one in Gaudreau and he's struggling massively. And so is the team. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Seriously, as much as Monahan has improved this year, and even though Tkachuk is leading the team in scoring with 35 points in 40 games, neither are capable of carrying a team by themselves.

Just goes to show first, the kind of talent Gaudreau is, and secondly, how badly they need a Lafreniere or Byfield.

Ummmm... what?

Lucic: 17 pt pace

Bennett: 16 pt pace

Jankowski: 2 pt pace

Frolik: 20 pt pace

Reider: 18 pt pace

Ryan: 38 pt pace

That's pretty much our entire bottom 6, and the other guys have been rotated in and out and the sample sizes are small as hell.

The godawful 2017-18 team had 3 guys in the bottom 6 who scored at over a 20 pt pace, and would've been 5 with Versteeg and Jagr being healthy. Last year was all 6 guys. So no, the depth is among the league worst and I expected more.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I went to the NYE game against the Hawks a few years ago when we were up 4-0 and they came back to tie it 4-4, we won in OT, but none the less, let's do the same and come back to tie this f***er up.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Ummmm... what?

Lucic: 17 pt pace

Bennett: 16 pt pace

Jankowski: 2 pt pace

Frolik: 20 pt pace

Reider: 18 pt pace

Ryan: 38 pt pace

That's pretty much our entire bottom 6, and the other guys have been rotated in and out and the sample sizes are small as hell.

The godawful 2017-18 team had 3 guys in the bottom 6 who scored at over a 20 pt pace, and would've been 5 with Versteeg and Jagr being healthy. Last year was all 6 guys. So no, the depth is among the league worst and I expected more.
That really doesn't look much different from last year, you know, the one where the Flames' depth was heralded as one of the best. Jankowski having an abysmal season seems like the only real difference.

Frolik got hot in the second half of last year. So there's still time for those type of things to happen again too.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That really doesn't look much different from last year, you know, the one where the Flames' depth was heralded as one of the best. Jankowski having an abysmal season seems like the only real difference.

Frolik got hot in the second half of last year. So there's still time for those type of things to happen again too.

What? Didn't you just listen to my point that ALL 6 of our guys were pacing for more than 20 pts last year. Frolik and Bennett are pacing for half the pts collectively they had last year, and losing 30 pts from the #4C is also horrible. Reider is pacing for less than what Hathaway got, and he was our #12 last year 100%.

Normally agree with you, but you are 100% wrong on this imo.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
What? Didn't you just listen to my point that ALL 6 of our guys were pacing for more than 20 pts last year. Frolik and Bennett are pacing for half the pts collectively they had last year, and losing 30 pts from the #4C is also horrible. Reider is pacing for less than what Hathaway got, and he was our #12 last year 100%.

Normally agree with you, but you are 100% wrong on this imo.

Hathaway had 19 points last year. Rieder's on pace for 18 you said? Pretty sure Rieder is this years 12th or 13th forward too. Jankowski and Bennett are having poor offensive years for sure, but I don't think it means as much as the top players have down years. Literally all of them. At roughly this point last year, the Flames had five point per game players or better. This year none. That's the real difference; team needs more game breakers in the worst way.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hathaway had 19 points last year. Rieder's on pace for 18 you said? Pretty sure Rieder is this years 12th or 13th forward too. Jankowski and Bennett are having poor offensive years for sure, but I don't think it means as much as the top players have down years. Literally all of them. At roughly this point last year, the Flames had five point per game players or better. This year none. That's the real difference; team needs more game breakers in the worst way.

Besides Gaudreau, who in our top 6 is having a "down year" more so than regression to the mean? We still have 4 60+ pt players on the team, that is still a better top 6 than 2 years ago. The depth simply hasn't been up to snuff.

Though I didn't touch on this, but the defense going from top 5 offensively to bottom 5 is also problematic. Our #1D and PP QB pacing for less than 40 pts is a death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad