GDT: Chicago @ Flames, 7:00 December 31 - New Year New You

Status
Not open for further replies.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Heh. Standard coq tease. Solid push though. Hawks were sleepwalking for the third. Lehner vezina'd us late as expected of course, but one bounce away from salvaging a pt and maybe more. Better luck next time. Happy new year folks.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Just got bumped out of the playoffs, but that's okay, the way we've played this year we definitely don't deserve to be in a playoff spot.
As soon as we got close and could pull away like Vegas has done we go on a nice losing streak.

Happy New Years everyone, be safe.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
you-raised-my-hopes-and-dashed-them-quite-expertly-sir-31810835.png

Reactions: Tofveve

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Geoff Ward.

So happy we have him

I don't know anyone can put blame on Ward. The team is the exact same as it was under Peters this year.

If you need a coach to motivate you to show up and not the millions you're being paid, that's your problem, not the coaches.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Welp guys I hope that I can enjoy the next year, win or lose. I don’t give a shit but Flames don’t honey dick me into believing we’ll make the playoffs only to disappoint me. Just...look like you’re having fun out there. Muck shit up, show some emotion, ya f*** ya happy new year everybody

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
You were saying...?
Let me rephrase that, imagine overreacting to one game, and then seeing another bad game and thinking "Yes, this is proof that the Flames are weak and Tkachuk wants out of Calgary. Time to go back to a comment and post it again before there can be a game in the future that disproves any of my thinking."

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Interesting Kane vs Gaudreau comparison.

One has virtually nothing left to prove in hockey, the other has won diddly squat. One plays with an undrafted center with 18 career goals and a winger with 0 career goals. The other plays with legit NHLers. One plays on team that was in play off position few hours ago, the other is on a team few points out with no games in hand.

One whimpers, sulks and curls into a ball. The other works and battles hard.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Ward has become soo frustrating. The 7 game win streak is over and so should his weird lines. Play your top 9 together; play Gaudreau a lot more. Simple stuff

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Rittich and Johnny lost this game for the Flames

Hopefully Johnny can find a new home this year but I do not trust BT to make a good deal.

Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad