GDT: Chicago Blackhawks Vs Carolina Corisicanes 7:30 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
How about tomorrow? Late Friday afternoon is typically a dead media window. Good time to announce it.
All for it. Q was a problem, the roster is a bigger problem. I get the cap forced moves to be made but that was Bowman’s job and what we have out there falls on him. First it was wait until Crow is back, then its get rid of Q. The roster is not good, no coach can turn crap into diamonds.

Reactions: Koews2Tane

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
They scored three in a period. So can we. The Adrenalin will fade on Darling. Let’s go. Hawks take it 5-4.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So much for the team rising to the occasion .... but it's the same story: they can't bury the puck early in the game and they're terrible in their own end. Hawks could easily of taken a 2 - 0 lead in the first 5 or 10 minutes but were shooting blanks.

Quite disappointing.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Seabs/Keith can't push a guy? Kane can't not make an easy give away at the boards?

I mean, maybe we're not elite but these well paid ****er's are half-assing every shift.
So what is the answer to that? Bag skate the vets, not play them? Good luck with a 33 year old rookie coach getting some of these Hawks legends to play harder.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Adjustments for next period. Keith off the powerplay. Gus playing less of he turns the puck over again. Keep shooting the puck.

Despite the score, that was one of the Hawks better periods this year, that might not be a good thing though.

Reactions: BobbyJet

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Everything I've seen from folks who watch the Hogs is that they were more physical in the D-zone.

I'm hoping at some point that carries over?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If the core can't get over Q being dismissed then start getting rid of them one by one...its not 2015 no more...i know this city likes to live in nostalgia but move forward

Reactions: BobbyJet

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Two practices is nothing. People need to have patience and give the new coaching staff time. They have to earn this team's trust, get buy in on their systems, unlearn bad habits, etc.

The power play looked INFINITELY better. Clean zone entries, good movement, some good looks. Hawks could have easily put up 2-3 goals that period but Darling was huge.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Adjustments for next period. Keith off the powerplay. Gus playing less of he turns the puck over again. Keep shooting the puck.

Despite the score, that was one of the Hawks better periods this year, that might not be a good thing though.

What about their play did you like?

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Seabs/Keith can't push a guy? Kane can't not make an easy give away at the boards?

I mean, maybe we're not elite but these well paid ****er's are half-assing every shift.
The effort and compete level by the leaders of this team in the 1st was atrocious. I don’t know if they’re trying to send a message, but that was bullshit. Toews better start taking command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad