GDT: Chicago Blackhawks @ Minnesota Wild, "Rivalry Renewed", 1/30/13, 7:00 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Except Nashville is closer to Washington DC and Raleigh than other teams in the central...

/shrug

Columbus is closer to both Raleigh and DC than Nashville is...and Detroit is also closer to DC than Nashville, but further from Raleigh.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
DEWutaP.jpg

The reason they didn't implement this plan was because the NHLPA shot it down, and the reason the NHLPA shot it down had nothing to do with its quality as a plan and more to do with the timing of when it was presented (and possibly a hope to use it as a bargaining chip in the lockout, although that didn't end up happening).

Considering they actually got the Board of Governors to agree on this plan (which is impressive in its own right) I would have to imagine that, if nothing else, it will be a starting point for future planning.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Except Nashville is closer to Washington DC and Raleigh than other teams in the central...

/shrug
And Minnesota is closer to Miami than Vancouver. It's kind of sad Winnipeg plays in the East and travels less than the Wild.

As much as we make of "Rivalry Wednesday" (and hell I wrote on that subject), I hope realignment happens for more than just travel reasons.

Last edited:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Didn't think I was going to this one as I let my parents have my tickets. But, just got a call from my dad so I'm now going again. Yay for no one in my family knowing how to make and keep plans, I guess. :laugh:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
welp guys, no intend to troll...

hope for a good game and I really like that your team loaded up big time and will be back in the POs as soon as this year. I expect a few POs against your team in the next years.

I hope the realignment will happen and we will have a division with your team, the hawks, Winnipeg, the Blues and hopefully Red Wings.
Those would be good rivalries again and I love to hate those teams more than hating a team like the Nucks. Sick of this hyped and so called rivalery.

Hope for a good game and don't think you should be worried that much. Don't expect a W or a Hawks W. Hawks will lose their first game soon, your team is good. Only seen 1 game so far but I liked what I saw. I remember that Harding owned the Hawks in a 1:0 Win for your team. Still have nightmares. Having back to back hurts your team but with Crawford, you never know and can say for sure that you will score a goal. Haven't had a SO since forever (over a season ago).

Can't waít to hate your team in the next years :laugh:

And we look forward to hating you as well!:yo:

I hope for a good game against the Hawks tonight, but I must tell you, the Wild are expecting this mighty team, and we will win!:fight:

Then of course I'll wake up and it will be 8-1 Hawks...

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure why everyone seems to think Chicago is invincible and we have no chance. Also, the back-to-back games thing is completely overblown in my opinion. Wild win 3-2 in a SO.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Yes even though they are forcing a rivalry again, I feel much more comfortable with this than with the forced NW Division rivalries. At least there is some sort of history with a former Minnesota team and Chicago, and hopefully their will be one in the near future. Same can be said for the Blues as well. Plus Minnesota and Chicago teams have a healthy hatred for each other in football and baseball in the Bears and White Sox. Plus I was born in Illinois and I hate every single team from the state of Illinois, so it gets my approval.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I thought Peg was closest.

Teams within 1000mi:

CHI - 398mi (6hr drive)
WPG - 467mi (7hr drive)
STL - 529mi (8.5hr drive)
DET - 679mi (10.5hr drive)
CBJ - 754mi (11.5hr drive)
PIT - 858mi (13hr drive)
NSH - 872mi (13hr drive)
TOR - 918mi (14hr drive)
COL - 919mi (13hr drive)
BUF - 932mi (14.5hr drive)
DAL - 994mi (14hr drive)

To be fair, though, Winnipeg would probably be the closest in terms of driving time if not for (a) the border crossing and (b) low speed limits on Canadian roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad