Post-Game Talk: Chicago Blackhawks at New York Rangers - January 3

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I want his role lessened to the point where he is no longer on the team.
Sorry I'm quoting you, but has it really gotten to the point of bashing and singlehandedly blaming Nasher for the "teams" bad game and overall lousy record at 21-14-5?

I just wish this team would step up and WIN games by actually winning them and not relying on Hank the way we have been.
Let's face it, we are where we are "mainly because of Hank".

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Rangers need a spark. I think it’s time they let AV go. The extension makes it impossible, but it’s the way to go.

Not sure they can afford to get rid of Nash with Kreider out.

Problem is the refusal to give ice time to guys like Buch, Zib, Shattenkirk, etc.

Without Lundqvist, this team is easily a bottom 4 team.

AV man...he’s gotta go
It always Hank's fault, one way or another. Really it is.

Hank simply is as stubborn and a born winner as they come. Shame he doesn't have what he needs around him. Or, so it looks. Just trade him already and let us lose......jeez.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This team doesn't have the options for a plan B.
You may not be far off. However, that is also on management. AV finally has the team that is completely constructed in his image and plays that way. All offense, no thought to defense. Defenseman running around the zone chasing the puck, allowing for constant cross ice passes and opposing forwards walking to Henke unobstructed. The forwards (Kreider, Miller) that can go into corners are seemingly instructed not to do so. The sole form of attack comes off the rush. There is no thought or ability to chip the puck and retrieve it.

This works great against mediocre teams in the regular season, and is stopped cold in the playoffs. THIS is the personnel and playing style AV wanted. And Gorton built it for him.

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
Hank has been a great player for the Rangers, but I think the notion that this team is going to go into shambles when he retires is greatly exaggerated. We have some good players on this team to build around. We're just missing some key pieces right now that we need in order to take us from a good team to a true cup contender.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We're just missing some key pieces right now that we need in order to take us from a good team to a true cup contender.
This is the fatal flaw. This is NOT a team that is a player or two away. At least not to me.

The point is that it is not Henke retiring. It is the fact that in this system, it seems like you need to have a goalie who is standing on his head on most nights, to survive

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
You may not be far off. However, that is also on management. AV finally has the team that is completely constructed in his image and plays that way. All offense, no thought to defense. Defenseman running around the zone chasing the puck, allowing for constant cross ice passes and opposing forwards walking to Henke unobstructed. The forwards (Kreider, Miller) that can go into corners are seemingly instructed not to do so. The sole form of attack comes off the rush. There is no thought or ability to chip the puck and retrieve it.

This works great against mediocre teams in the regular season, and is stopped cold in the playoffs. THIS is the personnel and playing style AV wanted. And Gorton built it for him.

I’m fairly certain that aside from catching lighting in a bottle, management was aware this was a low percentage year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad