Injury Report: Chiarot cleared to play, Postma on IR (Little, Perreault and Buff all healthy)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@DarrinBauming: Maurice says both Byfuglien and Myers are possibilities tomorrow night as the #NHLJets host the #SJSharks.

The hockey deities giveth...

@DarrinBauming: Paul Maurice says Paul Postma suffered a "significant" lower-body injury. Enstrom and Ladd didn't skate but are expected to play. #NHLJets

...and taketh away. Poor Postma - liked his play in the game. Wonder which on ice incident caused this?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I often wonder why they haven't tried him on the left. It's ****** because now he's injured...but he probably would have been a solid option on the bottom pairing.

Great news that Myers and Buff are back, but I'm always wary about this because it always seems like the Jets play their best hockey when they are decimated by injuries.

Let's hope that's not the case and they go on a streak of domination and end the season strong.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The hockey deities giveth ... and taketh away. Poor Postma - liked his play in the game. Wonder which on ice incident caused this?

I don't know if it would violate board rules on libel if one's suggestion is so fatuous as to deny all credulity, but I'm gonna guess it's when Harrison Gillooly'd him after the game.

Note: Harrison did no such thing.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Postma's injury happened during the second. He played through it. The severity of it became noticeable the day after

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Postma's injury happened during the second. He played through it. The severity of it became noticeable the day after

Little bit of :handclap: for Postma, considering we won't likely see him for the rest of the season.

Don't know how he got into the doghouse (though I'm thinking it had something to do with playing 20+ minutes beside Pardy) but when he got out he always stepped up. Thinking of the big game he had last year when he got the call at 6:55 while sipping coffee on the way to the rink.

Good work buddy.

I don't know if it would violate board rules on libel if one's suggestion is so fatuous as to deny all credulity, but I'm gonna guess it's when Harrison Gillooly'd him after the game.

Note: Harrison did no such thing.

Note: Sweet 1992 reference, old man...

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I thought I read that Postma practiced this morning partnered with Ellerby. If so, how could he practice with a significant injury suffered in the game two nights ago?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Byfuglien and Myers practiced today. Myers expects to play Tuesday. Chiarot, Little and Perreault all skated today.

If we can get Little back this week, and Perreault by next week, I'll be very happy.

I am keen to see our forward group all together after the trade deadline deals....

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Stafford
Tlusty/Stempniak-Lowry-Frolik
Thorbs-Slater-Stempniak

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
I thought I read that Postma practiced this morning partnered with Ellerby. If so, how could he practice with a significant injury suffered in the game two nights ago?

Aavco corrected himself later; Postma was not on the ice.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Good news about Buff and Myers but :shakehead poor Postma. Finally gets back after ridiculous benching. Plays a great game, half of it injured and now is out for an extended time.:cry:

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
It's great to hear Myers and possibly Buff may be back by tomorrow but concerned that Little might be slightly worse than first thought. He is close I hope though and Machoo skating is awesome news.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's great to hear Myers and possibly Buff may be back by tomorrow but concerned that Little might be slightly worse than first thought. He is close I hope though and Machoo skating is awesome news.

Especially, with Aavco reporting this morning he was doing wind sprints. It sounds like he is well past the tentative first few skates, and into the conditioning part of his return. I fully expect that he is back practicing with the team within the week with full contact and back in the lineup safely before months end.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
What? When did this happen? Did he eat some bad chili after the game?

Near the end of the 2nd postma got his legs tangled up with a tampa player and they both fell awkwardly to the ice in front of the net. He struggled a bit to get up after that and looked a little tender.
I remember they showed a replay of the action in front of the net but nothing was mentioned. :dunno:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd play Stempniak ahead of Tlusty on the 3rd line LW if it's true and we should be getting everyone back soon.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Damn, could have really used Little against the Sharks, they're a load to handle up the middle. Hope Scheif and Lowsy keep it going.

GJG!

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Buff and Myers returning is great news for the Jets. This should alleviate some pressure off the goaltender. It would be awesome if Little can start the game after tomorrow. I would love to see Perreault and Chiarot back by April 1, but that may be a bit too optimistic.

If I were Maurice, I would put Pavelec in net tonight, and have the coaching staff work with hutch to correct some bad habits he has developed since the All Star break. I think what Hutch needs is a break, possibly ending on the final game of the homestand. It will give him a chance to regroup after a horrendous month.

Either way, I think it may be wise to finish the season with the rotation, since Pavelec is well rested, and Hutch was ill equipped to carry the team by himself.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
it's not like our goaltending has been under much pressure lately....what are we averaging? 20 shots against over the past 5 games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad