Proposal: Chiarelli new replacement

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Damn near everyone would want to work with the best player in the world.

It also shouldn't be hard to convince Katz that the OBC needs to be wiped off the map as well.
Lol they’ve been here for ten straight non playoff years....

This organization is toxic and players/personnel are avoiding it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hoo ****ing ray. Call me when someone not in the hockey Canada circle wants to come here. Or Quennville.
Oh so now we can't hire any ex oilers or hockey canada guys.

This is worse than the Habs only wanting to hire french people

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oh so now we can't hire any ex oilers or hockey canada guys.

This is worse than the Habs only wanting to hire french people
Hockey Canada has been poison to this team in case you couldn’t tell. But fear not! We have the most respected man in hockey on our payroll.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Would it be safe to assume that with the Oilers being publically open for business, Chiarelli will be in full control for the remainder of this season? Nobody upstairs sees it prudent to remove him before he makes more trades that add cap and shit players to a roster full of cap and shit players?

Really?

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Resigned to the idea it will obviously be K. Gretzky.

Just hope he is actually a secret genius that is being suppressed for now by the idiots above him and he gets the freedom required when he gets the job.
Yah we want a guy mentored by Chiarelli.... Not

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if one of Wayne Gretzky or Mark Messier were named the next GM. That is the Daryl Katz way.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I'd take anyone at this stage, anyone, Wayne, Mark, Joey... anyone other than Chia.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
We missed our chance at Paul Fenton, I doubt Hunter will leave the cozy confines of London. I dont know any many other clear ‘next big thing’ candidates. Given the task ahead, I’d have no problem with Keith Gretzky in the roll. I’d honestly take a random lower bowl beer tray guy over Chiarelli at this point.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Bring back Tambo.
Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do.

Or bring in Futa from LA. That too.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We missed our chance at Paul Fenton, I doubt Hunter will leave the cozy confines of London. I dont know any many other clear ‘next big thing’ candidates. Given the task ahead, I’d have no problem with Keith Gretzky in the roll. I’d honestly take a random lower bowl beer tray guy over Chiarelli at this point.

I think Hunter would listen. He really wanted the Leafs job bad. He wants to GM at the NHL level, starting with McDavid + Draisaitl + RNH + some OK younger D and probably a good pick in the 2019 draft isn't that bad.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
I like Hunter too...I would also get Hitchcock’s input as well. (Whether he stays on as the coach going forward or not) Hitchcock would be a valuable asset to mine, for the new GM as to which players to get and which ones to get rid of.
Also no more hiring GMs that we’re fired. (It seems like these guys are only interested in rescuing their reputation) Only hire assistant GMs on their way up, with fresh insights. (I hate to admit it but the way the leafs are doing it right-but I hope they don’t win a cup)

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Bring back Tambo.
Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do.

Or bring in Futa from LA. That too.

We need someone to do just a little more then Tambo but a lot less then Chia. All we had to do was surround our high picks with solid veterans, let the lower picks slowly develop and we could have been a contending team by now.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Resigned to the idea it will obviously be K. Gretzky.

Just hope he is actually a secret genius that is being suppressed for now by the idiots above him and he gets the freedom required when he gets the job.
How could you ever be confident this situation would be any different from what we have now? To me it’s a similar situation to what we had when Mactavish was named GM. His boss is still there and we’re left wondering who is really calling the shots.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
It’s called spreading the guilt. Grow up.

You made a stupid speculation that maybe he had no input when it's been talked about in here for three days that he was heavily involved in the trades.

But yah, maybe he didn't know about it.. Be better.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How could you ever be confident this situation would be any different from what we have now? To me it’s a similar situation to what we had when Mactavish was named GM. His boss is still there and we’re left wondering who is really calling the shots.

Not confident about anything. Just resigning to the idea that the Oilers are gonna Oiler and all I can do it hope that Keith is actually a rare smart person within the OBC umbrella. At the very least he actually earned multiple jobs in management teams in the hockey world and was not just gifted everything like a typical OBC loser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad