Proposal: Chiarelli new replacement

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
If I was Katz I would fire Chiarelli and then offer Steve Yzerman the highest wage paid to gm or presidents of hockey operations by 25 percent. If the top wages are 7 million then pay 10m. It would save you money on stupidity overall. I would then give him operational control to replace whoever he wanted to even if they were old boys club stars. Wayne Gretzky is an owner, so he is staying, but anyone else is game.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Yzerman is going to Detroit. He already has tons of cash. 25% more than the league highest is not going to get him to come to Edmonton.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
No Yzerman isn't coming, but who could we get when chia in inevitably fired? (Hopefully fired today, if we are lucky). Some people have been throwing out the idea of Keith Gretzky, but he has ZERO GM experience, and only has scouting and drafting experience.

I don't claim to know much about the executives with other teams, especially the "assistant types" that are probably ready for a shot at being the head honcho. Can anybody enlighten me on some good candidates.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I mean this as a compliment when I say if we ran a poll on HFOil for every proposed trade, draft, or free agent signing and went with the majority, we would be much better off today.

‘Is trading Hall for Larsson a good idea?’
‘Is signing Lucic at a 6 mil cap hit long term wise?’
‘Should we trade Eberle for Ryan Strome?’
‘Should we trade Strome for Spooner?’
‘DeBrincat and Benson are both available, who should we pick?’

And so on.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I mean this as a compliment when I say if we ran a poll on HFOil for every proposed trade, draft, or free agent signing and went with the majority, we would be much better off today.

‘Is trading Hall for Larsson a good idea?’
‘Is signing Lucic at a 6 mil cap hit long term wise?’
‘Should we trade Eberle for Ryan Strome?’
‘Should we trade Strome for Spooner?’
‘DeBrincat and Benson are both available, who should we pick?’

And so on.

I would have campaigned my ass off for McAvoy over JP as well... but don't know if I would have been able to get majority here to agree on that one.

Last edited:

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Keith G with Wayne, Lowe and MacT pulling the strings is the inevitability.

It’s the Oilers. You really think they’re going to hire full outside especially when they did do that with TMac and Chia and it blew up in their faces?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I said this in the other thread but the two guys that I would like them to consider are Mark Hunter and Bill Guerin. The more I investigate the more Guerin appeals to me.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dont know why Yzerman is the solution. He was gifted the near lowest tax brackets in Florida to build his team. His drafting was good however, but does his scouting team come with him?

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Unless you take replace the current stickman management into a pyramid type management structure it doesn't matter who takes the helm. Sarah Sanders might be best suited for the current role.

Need a new manager who would fire that whole group of Lowe, Bob, Gretzky, Messier, etc... and use their salaries towards more and better pro scouts, amateur scouts, development coaches, etc...

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I'd be fine if Looch transferred from player to GM. He can't play anymore but he knows his stuff. Plus, he can intimidate GM's into trades:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad