Proposal: Chiarelli new replacement

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
You made a stupid speculation that maybe he had no input when it's been talked about in here for three days that he was heavily involved in the trades.

But yah, maybe he didn't know about it.. Be better.
You criticize me for speculation yet unless you are in the room, you simply have no idea who was pushing for what. As for the “thanks for the input” thing, it sounds very much like youve never been in a board room.

P.s. you dont need to act like such a dik to try and get a point across.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
You criticize me for speculation yet unless you are in the room, you simply have no idea who was pushing for what. As for the “thanks for the input” thing, it sounds very much like youve never been in a board room.

P.s. you dont need to act like such a dik to try and get a point across.
Was trying to be a dik. If you don't understand why Hitchcock was thanking KG for his work on the deals, then I can't help you.. For you to suggest maybe KG wasn't in support of said deals is just irrational debate on your part. . Time to move on.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Was trying to be a dik. If you don't understand why Hitchcock was thanking KG for his work on the deals, then I can't help you.. For you to suggest maybe KG wasn't in support of said deals is just irrational debate on your part. . Time to move on.
“Hey Keith, it’s your boss here. I want you to phone old coaches and teammates of Brandon Manning and find out how he is in the locker room.

“Well, ok Pete but why would you do that? We’ve got 27 3rd pairing D as it is?”

“Be quiet, Keith. I know a thing or two about winning. Do my leg-work, minion, and report back to me post haste.”

“Ok Pete. I phoned around and Connor McDavid is the only person I could find that hates him. He sucks at hockey though.”

Pete swings the deal.

“Dear losers in the press: we’ve acquired the unsexy Brandon Manning. Bow to my magnificence. Oh, and thanks to Keith for his help with this trade.”

Heavy Dee jumps to conclusions when he has no way of knowing what went on any more than I do. Unless I missed a quote where anybody said Gretzky pushed for Manning, we are just guessing.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
“Hey Keith, it’s your boss here. I want you to phone old coaches and teammates of Brandon Manning and find out how he is in the locker room.

“Well, ok Pete but why would you do that? We’ve got 27 3rd pairing D as it is?”

“Be quiet, Keith. I know a thing or two about winning. Do my leg-work, minion, and report back to me post haste.”

“Ok Pete. I phoned around and Connor McDavid is the only person I could find that hates him. He sucks at hockey though.”

Pete swings the deal.

“Dear losers in the press: we’ve acquired the unsexy Brandon Manning. Bow to my magnificence. Oh, and thanks to Keith for his help with this trade.”

Heavy Dee jumps to conclusions when he has no way of knowing what went on any more than I do. Unless I missed a quote where anybody said Gretzky pushed for Manning, we are just guessing.
You forgot the part where the head coach heaps praise on the assistant GM for crafting deals he may not have agreed with, but brought to his boss anyway. But you're right, I guess we may never know for sure.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Whoever it is but I hope the first thing he does is ask for refund on Petrovic and Manning deals.

Probably too late on the Hall and Eberle purchases.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
When Peter Chiarelli is fired, I would look to add a young general manager. I wouldn't hire any GM's that have already been fired because of a stream of poor decision making (trades, contracts and drafting). The GM that we hire has to be someone who fits into the new NHL, which is younger and faster. Because of this, I believe that we should hire someone who is around 40 years old. With the younger age, he can be more of a long-term option.

GMs do not sign bad contracts since they are dumb. They sign bad contracts since it will be the job of the next guy to fix it. When you look around the league, most GMs do not last six years. Thus, by having a long-term GM, we could decrease the number of bad contracts we have.

Reactions: redgrant

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Hard to imagine anyone doing a worse job of managing the assets here, which makes it seem like such a shame that they haven't changed GM's yet in hopes that we could start salvaging something.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I like the idea of Hunter, but I also like the idea of a veteran GM that would have the balls to tell the OBC and Katz to F-off whenever they try to interfere.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I don't know much about hockey management but these dudes seem like decent snipes who are AGM's @ solid teams.

Larry Simmons, Tom Kurvers, Pat Verbeek, Bill Zito, Bill Guerin.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Any replacement will have their hands tied for the next 2-3 years anyways. Find somebody who isn't an idiot, but focus more on the scouting department short-term, because they'll be the only way out of the basement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad