Chia Addresses Media

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Maybe Chia should have and could have made some of these cheapish (and obvious to most of us in terms of toughening up the lineup) moves earlier in the season before yet another season was sewered with zero chance of any hope for a playoff spot.

Please explain how. A GM must seize the opportunities when they arise. You cannot force Anaheim to trade Maroon until they sour on him and realize how much cap space they need for their RFA defensemen this summer. You cannot force Vancouver and Winnipeg to waive Cracknell and Pardy, respectively, until they choose to do so. Kassian needed time to sober up and exit the substance abuse program before he could be acquired.

If not these players, then please list other players that were traded or waived that could be acquired earlier in the season?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe Chia should have and could have made some of these cheapish (and obvious to most of us in terms of toughening up the lineup) moves earlier in the season before yet another season was sewered with zero chance of any hope for a playoff spot.

Just because something is obvious does not mean it's easy to do. It's obvious we need a top flight dman. Not so easy to acquire. The guys we got recently and with Kassian earlier were simply not available till we got them. This mess took 8 years or longer to build up, and you're trashing on a guy for not turning the ship around in 8 months on the job?? Perhaps you can give us all your alternatives for guys we should have gone after and what we would have had to give up for them, so we can pick that apart? You offer no particular solutions, only sit back and criticize everything he does.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I didn't criticize "everything" he does... why do people resort to hyperbole when someone makes a comment with a different viewpoint than their own?

Anyway... season is sewered... blame is on injuries and wanting to wait and see how the team performed this year instead of making changes which we all know had to be made (and that still need to be made).

Solution I offer is to get players with a higher levels of heart, compete, and who actually give a crap for each other out there.

As I said, these late moves are ok... but I'm also not going to hand out praise and clap my hands when it's too little, too late for this season yet again.

Sure this duo of Chia and McLellan are better than what we had before... but that's a pretty ****ing low bar to surpass... and this team is once again competing for DFL.

I expected more from this team and their leaders upstairs... we all should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad