Proposal: Chi - Pitt

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Anyone who says the Hawks would say no to this is a moron who should stop watching hockey. Guentzel is arguably just as good as Kane is right now and is more valuable due to the contract. If you offered me Kane straight up for Guentzel I would say no and so would every GM in the league. Towes is washed up and highly overpaid even with the 1.5 retention. He is a good leader but we don't need leaders.

Lol. I wouldn’t trade 1 Kane for 3 Guentzels.

What’s the next one? Dumoulin is basically prime Nick Lidstrom?

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
If that was the case then he would have been able to produce away from then when he hasn’t been able to. His scoring rate away from Sid and Malkin is pathetic. He is more valuable to Pit than anywhere else. He isn’t a good enough player to actually carry a line.

Lmao I love the PP time argument which would you rather have, Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin be your center, or have first unit PP time and have Drake Cagguila as your regular line mate. This shouldn’t be a tough choice to anyone with an IQ above 12

Yes, naturally his production would suffer away from Malkin and Crosby when the next best option in Pittsburgh over his time has been... Nick Bonino.

Kane gets double the powerplay time, 2 minutes per game versus 4 minutes. Regardless of players on the powerplay, that’s a massive difference. The Pens second unit has featured such all world talents as Matt Cullen and Conor Sheary.

At even strength over the last two years, their p/60 is nearly identical.

So yeah, I think Kane is better.

Do I think he’s worth almost double the cap? No

That shouldn’t be that difficult to understand, regardless of IQ

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Yes, naturally his production would suffer away from Malkin and Crosby when the next best option in Pittsburgh over his time has been... Nick Bonino.

Kane gets double the powerplay time, 2 minutes per game versus 4 minutes. Regardless of players on the powerplay, that’s a massive difference. The Pens second unit has featured such all world talents as Matt Cullen and Conor Sheary.

At even strength over the last two years, their p/60 is nearly identical.

So yeah, I think Kane is better.

Do I think he’s worth almost double the cap? No

That shouldn’t be that difficult to understand, regardless of IQ

Jake failed as a center and struggled to even hit 50 points in 2018.

Kane doesn’t play with elite line mates Jake does. If you can’t see the difference between hitting 110pts (with the majority being even strength points no less) while also doing it without any other elite players on your line vs hitting 70pts-80pts with Crosby (while also not producing away from him) then you are pretty hopeless

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Jake failed as a center and struggled to even hit 50 points in 2018.

Kane doesn’t play with elite line mates Jake does. If you can’t see the difference between hitting 110pts (with the majority being even strength points no less) while also doing it without any other elite players on your line vs hitting 70pts-80pts with Crosby (while also not producing away from him) then you are pretty hopeless

I appreciate that you just ignored the data I provided and engaged in a completely separate argument

Again, I think Kane is better

I just don’t think he’s worth double the cap, and the data backs that up

By all means provide some type of metric to reinforce the argument otherwise though

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I appreciate that you just ignored the data I provided and engaged in a completely separate argument

Again, I think Kane is better

I just don’t think he’s worth double the cap, and the data backs that up

By all means provide some type of metric to reinforce the argument otherwise though

When youre only data is p/60 which is perhaps the most easily skewed stat to ever come into existence I dont take you seriously. p/60 also states Stamkos was the greatest playoff performer of all time this past post season. P/60 doesnt factor linemates, competetion and variety of other factors which you like to leave out.

I already said Guentzel failed running his own line even with Kessel as his linemate he struggled to produce away from Sid (67% of his even strength points came with Sid, and 9/11 of his PP points were with Sid for 2018. 2019 has even worse margins. He cant produce at all away from a world class center)

Playing with Crosby is a hell of a lot more beneficial than getting more time on the PP. You are clinging to this PP argument while ignoring the Hawks power play was 28th in the league and was 15%. The way you talk about Kane's supposed advantage youd think he would get half his prduction on the PP like Kessel did while he was on Pit. Kane had 15 PP points this season and 21 in his 110 pt season. If you think having Alex Nylander as one of your primary linemates but getting more PP time is more advantageous than having Crosby be your linemate at 5 on 5 (which covers the majority of the game in case you werent aware) then bless your heart.

I have a hard time even saying Guentzel (who was apparently shackled with Nick Bonino despite Bonino already playing for Nashville from 2018-onwards) is definitively better than DeBrincat, let alone Kane.

Guentzel works for Pit which I am not saying he doesnt but this whole argument you are making over PP time to frame Guentzel as this elite forward being held back by his coach for shits and giggles is pretty false. He plays with the same center that made Pit fans overvalue Sheary for getting 60pts and was able extend Kunitz and Dupuis' careers by a good 5 years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad