Post-Game Talk: CHI @ NYR: Fire Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Exactly. The 4th line is a legit issue. They are always pinned in their own zone. Glass and "Pie?-Yay!" Aren't NHL players. They provide literally zero offense. They provide zero on the penalty kill. On top of that Moore has lost a step this season imo. Lundqvist has 1 less point on the season than Glass. Let that sink in.

Not fair lundqvist gets so much more ice time

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I apologize to Tanner Glass, there is someone worse and less useful than he is, and it is Paille.

McD is back and that's good for everyone, especially Girardi who has been pretty okay himself lately, but is still subject to his patented wrap it around the boards from behind the net giveaway.

Yandle went three far hacking down Paninni, but the frustrations were warranted. Speaking of Panera Bread the thing that pisses me off the most about last night is watching a team that just won a dillion 'Cups get talent like that for basically nothing. Rich get richer, as they say.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I can't believe how out of control this view was last night.

The league does not want one of its most popular, visible, and profitable teams to be at a disadvantage with the calls. That is just not real life.

You would THINK that.

However, the "eye test" and actual statistics bear out that the Rangers DO, IN FACT, get shafted quite regularly.

Just keep believing that the LA Kings are just such a better team and that 4-1 Cup Series victory was such a one-sided affair with the Rangers being such an underdog.

I don't want to attack a mod, and that's really not my intent. I'm just sick of the "calls even out" mantra that gets perpetuated around here. It's so patently false, it is absolutely pathetic that Ranger fans are drawn in by it.

The call on Kreider (goaltender interference) ended up being correct, but there is no way that had it been reversed (i.e. Shaw nudging Hank) that the review would have gone in the Rangers' favor.

There is also the fact that Gary Bettman oversaw the NBA when it went from a small-time league in the early 1980's to what it has become WITHOUT a GREAT TEAM in New York. The NBA did not need the Knicks to become a extremely popular league. The NHL would do quite fine without needing the Rangers to be a good team. IN FACT, just look at the main board, the Rangers are HATED, and it would actually be in the league's best interest to have them on national TV twenty times a year and see them get shafted as the rest of the country would LOVE IT.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Chicago is just a really talented team.

The refs stank but when certain teams really turn it on, some are almost unstoppable.

Please stop reading now. I think this game was a microcosm of what the playoffs would look like for the Rangers once they end up facing a team that just plain has more talent throughout their line-up. I don't see any amount of adding as being able to fix that either, some teams just have a better core and secondary players.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jeff Gorton has done a horrible job so far

Horrible deal for hagelin
Horrible deal for talbot
Etem Stoll Diaz all bad and gone
Raanta has not been good

Paille brought in he's awful

He has a big fat F so far for his first year and I'm not sure he know how to correct our problem which far and away is the pk

He needs to bring in at least one legit guy we can count on more likely two
You do realize that bringing in Paille was due to the fact that the farm system is completely gutted? What does it tell you that a waiver pick was a better choice than ANYONE in the system?

Sorry, but Gorton is working with what he has. Sather wore the GM crown when those deals went down. He gets the blame. He is also the one who threw away 4 straight years of 1st round picks, as well as gut the system. You reap what you sow.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Calls were atrocious. How are the Rangers dead last in power play opportunities with 157? The NHL has it out for them. They're competitive in just about every game, yet when they make the slightest infraction it's called and the other teams do it, it's not.

It's beyond annoying and so blatantly obvious at this point that the NHL hates the Rangers for whatever reason.
Far easier to blame refs rather than poorus PK & its coaching?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
You do realize that bringing in Paille was due to the fact that the farm system is completely gutted?

I doubt that, do you have proof? This is a rhetorical question.

What does it tell you that a waiver pick was a better choice than ANYONE in the system?

It tells me Dan Girardi's best friend was available and was known to play a role the Rangers felt they needed someone to fill, and do so cheaply. AV, Gorton and whomever else weighed in on the decision decided to go with trusting a veteran than taking a risk and bringing up a rookie who might make mistakes. It has little to nothing to do with the farm system, which unsurprisingly you will take any opportunity to try and cut down to make your own opinion seem more legitimate.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
few things from the game. not the end of the world. rather lose a game where we played well than sleep walk thru 60 mins and go down meekly like a rick nash wrist shot.

the team played pretty well. controlled the play- as they should at home where they are tough, for the 1st period and much of the 2nd. started the 3rd strong and then they took some ill advised penalties.

you can't do that against a team that understands what the are doing with the extra man. our pp is slow to react and leaves far too many guys open. you can just feel hanks heart sink when we go man down. he's left handing out to dry alot. the pk is missing something and it aint rick nash at 7.8 mil.

some good stuff.

defensively, until the end when we got tired, and moistly on the 5on5- we were very solid. dan girardi was animated and engaged and player well again. he's been the better of the 2 fossils. stool has been pretty bad, girardi better.

let me say this right here- if you can't TRUST mcilrath to play in the 3rd period- why play him ? we played 5 d most of the 3rd period and that will burn you in the end. they we're gassed. AV DOESN'T TRUST DYLAN MCILRATH. speaks volumes.

yandle lost his mind at the end. the stalberg penalty shouldn't have happened either. both bad plays caused by the speed of the hawk forwards.

i liked our passing and overall effort most of the game. we scored some nice goals and went hard to the net. the non goal call was a joke. kreider doesnt get any leeway there. sure he bumped him but he's just guilty.

the hawks are a good team with alot of speed and talent.

we arent as fast, nor as talented. our pk blows and our pp hurts us more than it helps.

we don't need rick nash. trade. trade. trade.

good game, bad result. they have played much better of late.

kill toronto.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I doubt that, do you have proof? This is a rhetorical question.
If you doubt that, then first tell me who should have received a call. If the system is not gutted, which forward should have been brought up? Megna? He is also a fringe player. What proof do you have that there are forwards that can step into the line up every day?
It tells me Dan Girardi's best friend was available and was known to play a role the Rangers felt they needed someone to fill, and do so cheaply. AV, Gorton and whomever else weighed in on the decision decided to go with trusting a veteran than taking a risk and bringing up a rookie who might make mistakes.
So Paille was brought in as a favor to Girardi?
It has little to nothing to do with the farm system, which unsurprisingly you will take any opportunity to try and cut down to make your own opinion seem more legitimate.
Bringing up players to plug holes has nothing to do with a farm system? Then what does it have to do with?

If my opinion of the farm system is not legitimate, then tell me where it ranks in the NHL. And then list the prospects that can be brought in right now to plug holes?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I can't believe how out of control this view was last night.

The league does not want one of its most popular, visible, and profitable teams to be at a disadvantage with the calls. That is just not real life.

I certainly buy the mature market theory. How much room for growth is there for the NYR fanbase? Tv deal? How much more can it grow.

Compared to say, Dallas. Or LA.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The PK is a systems issue as well as a personnel issue. They're playing an overload system (which, again is heavily reliant on speed that we don't have anymore) and it's leaving gaps in coverage all over the ice. Play a more aggressive, structured box system, and they won't be chasing teams all over the ice. There was absolutely no need for a forward and defenseman to be chasing Kane behind the net on Panarin's second goal.

Personnel wise, Glass and Paille need to be shipped to Pluto. Paille is such garbage at tracking his man at ES and on the PK, and Glass just stands there wagging his stick around hoping that he'll be able to break up a pass.

If that post is true, and AV thinks it's ok to leave someone near the net on the PK to help Hank's vision, Jesus Christ he needs to slap across the back of the head. You absolutely never leave someone near the net and risk having a puck take a lucky bounce off of them. A deflection from that close in is extremely difficult for goalies to stop.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Exactly. I watched an episode of the "AV Squad" on MSG where AV explained that their philosophy is to box out guys from getting to the front of the net but once they are there, they leave them there because that way Hank only has to look through one set of legs not several. It's a fascinating theory. I'm sure someone with the time may be able to post a link to the episode but I promise I'm not making this up.

I didn't see that episode, but this is absolutely insane if he thinks thats actually a good theory. CLEAR THE ****ING CREASE!!!!!!!!!!!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I certainly buy the mature market theory. How much room for growth is there for the NYR fanbase? Tv deal? How much more can it grow.

Compared to say, Dallas. Or LA.

The Ranger fandom really hurt itself over the years by giving a **** about the team through good times and bad. Now if the team was on the brink of moving to the KHL, I think we would get a few more calls and perhaps fair and balanced closed door drafts.

Not only that, but if the fans stopped showing up the beer and pretzels would cost less too.

If RangersTown® wants this team to win, we must do what the other fans in the league did before their teams reached glory, we must completely desert the team and start watching other things.

I'm not saying the league is fixed, but there has always been, and there is certainly more pronounced "invisible hand movement" in the league given the popularity of a team or specific players as well as what the current expansion trends are for the NHL. For instance, if the NHL were to expand to Alaska, I sincerely doubt the Oilers would get another first overall pick.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
few things from the game. not the end of the world. rather lose a game where we played well than sleep walk thru 60 mins and go down meekly like a rick nash wrist shot.

the team played pretty well. controlled the play- as they should at home where they are tough, for the 1st period and much of the 2nd. started the 3rd strong and then they took some ill advised penalties.

you can't do that against a team that understands what the are doing with the extra man. our pp is slow to react and leaves far too many guys open. you can just feel hanks heart sink when we go man down. he's left handing out to dry alot. the pk is missing something and it aint rick nash at 7.8 mil.

some good stuff.

defensively, until the end when we got tired, and moistly on the 5on5- we were very solid. dan girardi was animated and engaged and player well again. he's been the better of the 2 fossils. stool has been pretty bad, girardi better.

let me say this right here- if you can't TRUST mcilrath to play in the 3rd period- why play him ? we played 5 d most of the 3rd period and that will burn you in the end. they we're gassed. AV DOESN'T TRUST DYLAN MCILRATH. speaks volumes.

yandle lost his mind at the end. the stalberg penalty shouldn't have happened either. both bad plays caused by the speed of the hawk forwards.

i liked our passing and overall effort most of the game. we scored some nice goals and went hard to the net. the non goal call was a joke. kreider doesnt get any leeway there. sure he bumped him but he's just guilty.

the hawks are a good team with alot of speed and talent.

we arent as fast, nor as talented. our pk blows and our pp hurts us more than it helps.

we don't need rick nash. trade. trade. trade.

good game, bad result. they have played much better of late.

kill toronto.

How do you come away from this game and your main point of emphasis is Rick Nash? Get over it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I didn't see that episode, but this is absolutely insane if he thinks thats actually a good theory. CLEAR THE ****ING CREASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Panarin's goal in the 2nd period last night, Klein engaged Anisimov in front of Hank and instead of clearing him out, he just stood there WITH Artie, creating a double screen. How is Hank supposed to stop that? What's the thought process there?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Did AV actually say that or is someone being silly?

How the **** would he think that is effective? There were 2 backbreaking goals last night let alone other games with that ***** fart BS "clearing" in front of the net.

Maybe he does believe that because what Klein did was so out of character. I mean that's a guy who lost part of his ear and still played, yet he plays grab ass with Anisimov? WTF was going on?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The 4th line is so awful it stopped being funny a long time ago. Paille might actually be worse than Glass. Jesus christ.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
So Paille was brought in as a favor to Girardi?

Typical response. You had to try hard to twist that entire paragraph into doing Girardi a favor. The purposely obtuse gig is old hat. Do you really need the idea that personal relationships affect roster decisions spelled out for you? Do you think Tanner Glass got here strictly on merit or because Gorton felt he was a key piece to the ultimate team? Do you think that if the Rangers felt they needed help on the PK, and Girardi was aware of it, he wouldn't put in a good word for his biffler rotting in the AHL? I'm sure it was purely coincidental. :rolleyes:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This going on a solid 3 months of the PK and 4th line being absolutely horrible.

There are other issues with this roster, without a doubt, but nearly all of those are politically and economically complex decisions wrapped in a NMC bow.

I have absolutely no faith in this management/coaching structure to change any of the issues that the entire world can see by watching a game or two. It's ridiculous.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Two of the calls by the ref were bad. The one on stalberg changed the game and that shouldnt happen. The refs calls shouldnt affect the outcome of the game.

The bigger issue was the 4th line, Boyle-Mcilrath, and the PK. Just atrocious. Mcilrath's worst game. Boyle just overmatched. And the PK couldnt come up with a big kill.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
The penalties are questionable. However, they shouldn't give the refs something to think about.

I'm happy with the overall play minus the PK - which cost us the game.

What would fix it? Fire Ulf?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Paille is awful.

Ryan Bourque should be getting his chance right now, but he's being blocked by the boat anchors that play with poor Dom Moore on the 4th line. If I were him, I'd be beyond pissed.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
The refs aren't the problem come on man. How about don't take stupid penalties? How about kill the penalty? Why are the Rangers dead last in power play opportunities? Because their offense depends on plays off of the rush, not through a cycle game. Cycling wears down teams to take long shifts which leads to penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad