Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] F Jason Dickinson signs extension with the Blackhawks (2 years, $4.25M AAV)

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
It's a pretty remarkable turn in events for Dickinson. Traded just over a year ago as a pure cap dump to working hard in order to rebuild his value and earn this extension. I'm happy for him!

Part of it too is having the good fortune of the Blackhawks being able to afford overpaying him a little since they are not worried about cap space in the short term, but it's clear that they want Dickinson to be part of the veteran group mentoring their young core.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
He's been really, really good. I wanted them to pay Foligno, Dickinson and Mrazek. Two outta three done.

Over the past season and a half he's been far and away our most consistent player. No idea how we got a second round pick to take him.
Great trade for the hawks!

Good to see him turn things around. He was an absolute non-factor during his tenure in Vancouver

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
He's not worth that, but I can completely understand why Chicago would do this.

This is short term, they have a ton of cap space, he's played well for them, he's a veteran center, etc. Lots to like! Very good for for Dickinson too, I really don't think he would have received close to this on the open market, but he's getting more too because he's playing for a re-building team through his prime years.

That was a good trade for Chicago, that's for sure.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Good for him. And good for the Hawks, any longer than 2 years and it'd be a big risk that he can maintain his current level but at 2 years it doesn't matter if can't.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Playing hard on a terrible team is thankless work. He's been good and consistent. Shooting 21% so not likely to continue his goal scoring.. but even bringing 10 goals in a defensive center role is good enough for me during this 2 year span.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Playing hard on a terrible team is thankless work. He's been good and consistent. Shooting 21% so not likely to continue his goal scoring.. but even bringing 10 goals in a defensive center role is good enough for me during this 2 year span.

Benning!? Is that you!?

Reactions: M2Beezy

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
For a 28-year-old player you’re gonna have to give him a higher AV if you don’t want to give him term. I’m sure as a UFA. He would be asking $3-$3.5 X 4. We paid 1 million more than we should’ve but we got out of that third and fourth year.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3