Confirmed Signing with Link: [CHI] F Andreas Athanasiou signs with the Blackhawks (1 year, $3M)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I will post same thing I posted in Domi thread

Hawks don't have much at F ready for immediate NHL jump so AA in 1–2-year deal isn't terrible

Could be potential trade chip at TDL or in offseason if that is case

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I will post same thing I posted in Domi thread

Hawks don't have much at F ready for immediate NHL jump so AA in 1–2-year deal isn't terrible

Could be potential trade chip at TDL or in offseason if that is case
Yeah, agreed.

Also AA is pretty entertaining, so gives fans something fun to watch occasionally in an otherwise bleak year.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Probably the perfect team to get him. He is lightning fast, creatively offensive, and always a threat for a breakaway chance; however, he is hit or miss on defense, usually miss, you can kind of tell from his play that he is a mercenary and looking to build his own stock, and he can slump and sometimes find it hard to stick on the roster, then there are injuries... On one-year deals though he is a steal.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Scott Powers looks like he has a shotgun in a brown paper bag

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Fine with this

Potential TDL flip if things go well or gone in year if it doesn't

And maybe Hawks find way to sneak into playoffs, I mean it's not impossible, right?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If you're going to tank and willing to look the other way on the defensive side of things, AA is a pretty solid signing.

Let him play top 6 full time and see how many pts he can actually put up.

Reactions: COHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad