Confirmed Trade: [CHI/COL] Brandon Saad and Dennis Gilbert for Nikita Zadorov and Anton Lindholm

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I've never said that, but a lot of Avs posters wanted to trade him while none of the others D are physical.

A poster just said he's garbage.

Z is underrated but I think there are better ones available out there this off season. Good use of this asset at this point.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I've never said that, but a lot of Avs posters wanted to trade him while none of the others D are physical.

A poster just said he's garbage.
I think garbage is a strong word. He’s just way too inconsistent. He has size but wasn’t physical in the playoffs. If Zads can be consistent which I highly doubt damn this trade will hurt but as of right now one of Z or Cole had to go IMO.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
You have no other D that are physical, that's a problem.

Z's physicality was often inconsistent, particularly on the cycle in the D zone. Also, Bednar and company looked as if they were trying to discourage his big hits. It is not the style of play that Colorado (Bednar) is pushing.

Colorado seems to model itself off of Chicago's cup teams and Tampa, neither of which was overly physical.

Reactions: Crossfire Hurricane

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Does this mean they are out for hall? They would still have cap room but lineup wise...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sad to give up Big Z and really sad to have to play him so often but this is a good hockey trade for Colorado. Like what Saad adds to the forward group for sure. Emotions aside, this is a win especially given HOW the Avs and Bednar used Z which was essentially as a lower level third pairing defenseman in TOI.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I don’t know either prospect, but just looking at their DB page it looks like Chicago gave up the guy with a bit more potential probably due to the salary difference

NVM Saad had some retention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad