Celebrity Death: Chester Bennington

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Sad :(

Was it known that he had trouble?

He's been open about having depression issues in the past.

He was also very good friends with Chris Cornell, and today would have been his birthday. No speculation, but the coincidence is haunting,

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Meteora was my favorite album for a long, long time. Basically all of Jr. High.

This stings. RIP Chester.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Wat.

Was never a big Linkin Park fan, although I did enjoy some of their early stuff as a young teenager. I remember "One Step Closer" being played repeatedly during lunch at my middle school.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Shocking to say the least.

Was a bigger fan of them when I was a kid. Regardless of your opinion of them, they were definitely a huge influence in the music scene.

Honestly couldn't believe it when I heard it. RIP.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Brutal. One of their older songs was playing on Octane last night on my drive home...not the news I would expect today.

RIP

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Sad :(

Was it known that he had trouble?
I saw an article that mentioned he battled alcohol & drug problems over the years, but nothing lately from what I could see.

The rest of the article only said he had hung himself at his residence, and had 6 kids with 2 wives, very sad indeed.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
They were one of my favorite bands in high school. There's still a couple songs I like to hear now, though not nearly as many as when I was younger. I still like My December. Saw them at Blizzcon a couple years ago. Not sure about them live.

That's some pretty rough news. Another suicide.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I still have the Linkin Park/Jay-Z collaboration on my pregame playlist when I play hockey.

Like many here, when LP came out during my teenage years they were huge. Chester always had a great rock voice that could sing and scream.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Linkin Park was the biggest band in the world (or at least the world I lived in) when I was in young formative years and while they likely were never my favourite band - they had a huge impact on me shifting towards rock music.

Chester was a mega talent vocally. Very sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad