Sportsnet: Cherry: Maple Leafs need Orr, McLaren back

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
"If Bobby Orr could do it, any one could." An actual quote from Cherry.

This team does not suck because they dont have 2 face punchers playing 3 minutes per game. The team does lack toughness but that lack of toughness is not fixed by adding heavy weights (that no one will fight) to the 4th line. He goes on and on about that teams where scared of playing us during the lock out season, funny how the same guys did not scare any one the season after? And how scary of a team was we really? I think that scariness of that team have been blown up way to much.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I support this but only in the name of the tank. Guys like that are mostly useless now, and only bring entertainment value.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No what we need are guys who can play hockey and not an All-star skills competition. Look at the Habs. Where is the Orr or McLaren. I'd take 2 Gallaghers over 1 Kessel anyday. Compete and engage. To many floaters and perimeter players.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
They stopped fighting last year. The league had the big fight discussion and shortly after the fighting stopped for the most part. In the short season we fought every game almost.

I have the feeling the league pressured this so it wouldn't work anyways and Mc is a crap player who takes terrible penalties all the time.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I was about to say the last thing we need is LESS talent, but then I remember just how bad the team is lately.

...and I thought to myself, yeah...why the heck not? See if the good ol' fist throwers can light a spark.

At this point they really have nothing to lose, if we're honest.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Oh they're going to win games by scoring goals for the Leafs? Interesting, I didn't know they had such goal scoring prowess

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
If he had said we needed to bring up Biggs and Bodie it would at least make some sense since those two are better hockey players and can skate. But still, would this team really be any better with those two?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If he had said we needed to bring up Biggs and Bodie it would at least make some sense since those two are better hockey players and can skate. But still, would this team really be any better with those two?

No we wouldn't because the majority of the ice time is still going to the core. What do you expect a 4th line or Biggs to do when we are already down 2-0 because we refuse to win battles and think of cheating on offense from the big boys.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...fs-need-bring-back-colton-orr-frazer-mclaren/

Yes I agree bring them back. Also bring back Mike Brown.

The Leafs are an extremely wimpy team....no one throws big hits when they have a clear shot at one!! It drives me nuts!!

Wendel Clark could score 20-30 and smack you in the face doing it.

for the past 5-6 years, i just turn off the TV after the 1st intermission, listening to that misguided bigot makes me sick to my stomach

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
for the past 5-6 years, i just turn off the TV after the 1st intermission, listening to that misguided bigot makes me sick to my stomach

So agreed. There once was a time I was interested in what he had to say. That time passed 5 to 7 years ago.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
No we wouldn't because the majority of the ice time is still going to the core. What do you expect a 4th line or Biggs to do when we are already down 2-0 because we refuse to win battles and think of cheating on offense from the big boys.

Exactly. An aggressive 4th line with a bit of skill can and usually spark their teams with a couple of good shifts. Watched the Hawks / Blues game last night and Chicago´s 4th line was impressive and one of he reasons they won. But it is the main guys, the core, that should carry the team. Not the other way around.

Salgari

Apr 29, 2004
www.myspace.com

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
The bi-polar Leaf board. get rid of them and bring them back. I will say this. Next year we will have a much younger team and we will need Orr on this team along with one other.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The bi-polar Leaf board. get rid of them and bring them back. I will say this. Next year we will have a much younger team and we will need Orr on this team along with one other.

The short year we had a great team with a reputation for grit and battle. Wake up the next morning and all of that is gone...

Bi polar sounds about right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad