Prospect Info: Charlie Stramel, C, 21st Overall, 2023 NHL Draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I went to the University of Minnesota and eventually got kicked out. So I find myself wondering, in your eyes, does that make me the lowest of degenerates, or is that actually a redeeming quality?
:popcorn:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Selfishly I want him in Dinkytown. But that could prove a tough lineup to crack with Moore & Huglen as solid returning Cs. Gophers could use another massive RHC as a replacement for Nelson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't see Stramel as a greatly desired add for the Gophers, myself. Selfishly, it would be nice to have him close by so we can watch his progress, i guess?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't see Stramel as a greatly desired add for the Gophers, myself. Selfishly, it would be nice to have him close by so we can watch his progress, i guess?

Agreed. I don't see room for him in the top 6 of the Gophers. Motzko is trying to win a national championship, not do the Wild a solid.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It’s the going to one school and then going to the rival school that would annoy me. I’m sure you had no other options, so I’ll forgive you ;)
Funny you say that. For the major, it was literally the only option in the state. Or in the surrounding states for that matter (except Iowa State, but I'm not going there!).

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Selfishly I want him in Dinkytown. But that could prove a tough lineup to crack with Moore & Huglen as solid returning Cs. Gophers could use another massive RHC as a replacement for Nelson
Wild still have hopes this guy plays C in the NHL? At this point I'd just be hoping to get a middle 6 winger out of the deal...

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Wild still have hopes this guy plays C in the NHL? At this point I'd just be hoping to get a middle 6 winger out of the deal...
He’s supposed to be good on the dot or at least that was the word around when we picked him. Hopefully wherever he lands will be a fresh start and he can find his game again.

He’ll still be just a sophomore in age this coming season. It’s easy to forget he was an underage freshman last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad