Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy VI re-signed, 8 yrs @ 9.5 aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Drew Doughty won his Norris in 2015-2016.

Derek Forbort played 14 games for the Kings that year as a rookie.

Drew Doughty DID have his worst season ever playing alongside Derek Forbort in 2018-2019. Maybe you were thinking of that?

Ok I take it back.

He was only nominated twice while playing full time with Forbort in 2015-16 and 2017-18. Guess it sucks for you that he was only a top-3 defenseman in the league playing with Forbort rather than #1.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ok I take it back.

He was only nominated twice while playing full time with Forbort in 2015-16 and 2017-18. Guess it sucks for you that he was only a top-3 defenseman in the league playing with Forbort rather than #1.

"...playing full time with Forbort in 2015-16..."

I just showed why this is factually wrong.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
1 M to much , will be the beginning of the end of competitive Bruins teams.

It’s pretty much the beginning of the end already, krejci gone, bergy gone soon, marchand getting older. There will be a rebuild here in short order regardless of McAvoys contract. At least now in 3-4 years hopefully when the team is coming out of the rebuild, McAvoys contract will look cheap compared to what other defensemen are getting.

Reactions: JOKER 192

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

The goal totals could be better. He has to shoot more in general

But looking back at the playoffs....vs teams like Leafs, CBJ, Canes, Blues..

McAvoy was a machine

He looked better than Werenski, Reilly. Just a tad below Jones and Pietrangelo

If Don and Cam wanted to save some money. They should have tried to lock him up to 8m-8.5m (earlybird) before the big dollars were thrown around by other teams to secure their Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad