Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy VI re-signed, 8 yrs @ 9.5 aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It seems like a very high number at first glance, but i think it’s just because contracts this high don’t get signed in Boston. The more i think about it the better i feel.

also, the 8 years to me is the most important part. Ron Popeil would be proud. Set it and forget it.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Love it! McAvoy is the future of the B's and provides stability on the back end, and this also shows that the organization is willing to pay top end players.

For me the security blanket of 8 years is far more important than saving a percentage of the annual dollars and risking losing #73 any earlier...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Glad to seem him locked in for this year and 8 more. Happy there's no drama. Still lots of upside in his game.

Hopefully he can win a Norris beside Forbort like Doughty did.

Drew Doughty won his Norris in 2015-2016.

Derek Forbort played 14 games for the Kings that year as a rookie.

Drew Doughty DID have his worst season ever playing alongside Derek Forbort in 2018-2019. Maybe you were thinking of that?

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Love it.

Under 10 will seem even sweeter after this year.

He has everything you want in a #1 Dman. The only thing he hasn't shown yet is the PP numbers, and he's about to get those this season.

The best thing about him is his ability to turn up his game when up or down a goal. No matter what you can count on him to bring it.

Guy has crazy good playoff experience with solid numbers too, for being 23.

What a draft pick, 14th overall.

Great signing.

Reactions: inactive user

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I figured this would be right where it is so not surprised and happy Bruins got it done.
He got paid so now time to produce. He will be running that top powerplay and the pressure will be there to score some goals and points .9.5 million you have to produce offensively and I sure hope this year is his coming out party in that category. I know it's there since watching them great plays he made scoring and cross ice backend pass through slot to Kiefer Bellows vs Canada in WJHC Gold medal game.Anyways congrats to him .

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Lol remember when some people were bashing others for saying he will get a bigger contract than Darnell nurse and Doug he hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad