Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
McNiven isn't signed for next year. There is still time before Montreal chooses to either sign him or offer him a qualifying offer.

But under contract next year: Price, Allen, Lindgren, Primeau & Demchenko.

I'd rather extend McNiven and have him as Primeau's back up in Laval and Lindgren traded.

Where does that leave Demchenko, who just left the KHL to sign with us?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lindgren makes NHL money. Will any team take him?

I'm sure there are teams that wouldn't mind having a back-up goalie making only $750K for one more season. They're obviously not going to be lining up to get him. But somewhere, there is a team that would like to have him, whether in a package deal or a minor trade.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm sure there are teams that wouldn't mind having a back-up goalie making only $750K for one more season. They're obviously not going to be lining up to get him. But somewhere, there is a team that would like to have him, whether in a package deal or a minor trade.

He’s cheap enough, somebody may give him a chance as a backup or just use him as an AHL goalie. But Lindgren has just been flat out unimpressive at all levels since coming over from college.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Seemed clear when Price was playing in the back to backs that there was no confidence in him from the coaches.

Best for everyone if they can find a taker for his contract.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That was a very smart move by Lindgren and his agent getting that guaranteed NHL money while he could. Save that money Charlie, only one year left!

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002

Maybe Montreal can retain 50% of his salary in order to make him “super cheap”.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
This guys shakier than a booty at a strip club in Atlanta.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
McNiven isn't signed for next year. There is still time before Montreal chooses to either sign him or offer him a qualifying offer.

But under contract next year: Price, Allen, Lindgren, Primeau & Demchenko.

I'd rather extend McNiven and have him as Primeau's back up in Laval and Lindgren traded.
I'm pretty sure Demchenko is destined to split starts with Primeau in Laval.

I could see us re-signing McNiven as an expansion draft move.

Don't think anyone in the league sees Lindgren as a viable backup. His contract and AHL play precludes him from being a target at that level as well. I he's moved, we're taking a worse contract back. Wouldn’t necessarily be a bad idea if it helps the Rocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00