Player Discussion Charlie Lindgren

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I saw Marcotte said that he thinks Lindgren will get called up to the Habs this week. I would be all for it. While I complained 2 years ago when they did the stupid 3 goalies in Laval, I would be all for it this time around if it's Primeau and McNiven getting all the starts and Kinkaid is just there to mentor them. McNiven needs to be in the AHL imo, his numbers on his new team although in a very small sample are so much better then the other goalies on that team which is very telling.

Lindgren might be a bit better then Kinkaid as I haven't see much of him with the Habs but I don't think Lindgren's numbers would suck as bad as Kinkaid's.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I saw Marcotte said that he thinks Lindgren will get called up to the Habs this week. I would be all for it. While I complained 2 years ago when they did the stupid 3 goalies in Laval, I would be all for it this time around if it's Primeau and McNiven getting all the starts and Kinkaid is just there to mentor them. McNiven needs to be in the AHL imo, his numbers on his new team although in a very small sample are so much better then the other goalies on that team which is very telling.

Lindgren might be a bit better then Kinkaid as I haven't see much of him with the Habs but I don't think Lindgren's numbers would suck as bad as Kinkaid's.
Kincaid has been a disappointment, Lindgren has been very good

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Have you watched the games? Even one?

Yes and his career has been on a downwards trajectory. He has been passed by Primeau in the AHL and obviously the Habs didn't have enough confidence in him to give him to backup job in the NHL. At this point I rather give the younger McNiven his spot in the AHL. That being said I would be ok with him being given a chance as the NHL backup as this point as it might give him a boost or at least make Kinkaid want to push harder.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Strict rules in place as Minnesota ice arenas start reopening

“I’m known to be a little pokey, so I was a little late getting on the ice usually and I'd get off the ice a few minutes before the guys do just to give myself enough time to meet those restrictions.”

“When you take off that long, it’s a little bit of an adjustment getting back out there. You kind of learn how to play again, but every minute you start feeling better and feeling more like yourself.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Goalies getting creative to maintain mental, physical edge during pause

“Charlie Lindgren, who touches base with the Canadiens training staff on a weekly basis, plays tennis against members of his family, including his brother, New York Rangers defenseman Ryan Lindgren, and it proves to be a great way to maintain his competitive edge.”

“It's just all out. There's some rackets being thrown. It's intense.”

“The need for quick feet and hand-eye coordination, tennis is something I play during offseason training. I find it helpful now. It's just a fun way to make sure I stay in shape. Tennis is a great way to make sure you're staying on top of your eyes, and your hand-eye coordination too. It's just all out. There's some rackets being thrown. It's intense.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Huskies Hockey Happy Hour Ep.-9 with Charlie Lindgren

“Lindgren played for St. Cloud State from 2013-16. In 88 career games, he was 51-29-3 with a .921 save percentage, 2.21 GAA and eight shutouts. He is the program's leader in career GAA, second in career shutouts, second in career save percentage, third in career wins and fifth in career games played. In 2015-16, he set school records for games played in a season (40), wins in a season (30) and minutes played in a season (2,342).”

That season (2015-2016), Lindgren became the program's first to be named NCHC Goalie of the Year and first to be named to the AHCA All-America West First Team. He plays goalie for the Montreal Canadiens organization.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Laval Rocket season review: Charlie Lindgren needed to play more

''The point is this: Lindgren is still at a point in his career where he needs more playing time to show he can be an NHL goaltender. Right now he’s caught in the midst of a crowded club where everyone else needs to play, too, and it may result in him being let go when he becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2021.''

''While he had some solid starts in the AHL, his stats (7-6-2-1, 2.67 GAA, .893 SV%) still left a bit to be desired.''

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-12_10-43-43.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Lindgren-PressConference(20/07/24)
“To be honest, I think it's been very competitive at camp. Obviously, we're all gearing up for the playoffs here, getting a chance to play for the Stanley Cup. This is what all of us dream about. It's been extremely competitive. And every day we're getting better and better. It's been pretty fun. It could be a little different. But everyone deal with the same kind of issues. So we just got to go out there and play. And not making excuses and making the most of it.”
“When the season gets suspended in March, I thought maybe that there's a decent chance that the season won't resume. So for my part personally, I never try to take my foot out of the gaz. I tried to stay at the best shape as I can.”
“We haven't done too much videos work yet. Everyday before practices as a team we watch videos of Pittsburgh and their tactics and watching our own tapes. I think as goalies we take upon ourselves. Obviously with Youtube and the Internet I mean there's a lot of different stuffs that we can find ways to scout the opposing team. That's something we can focus by ourselves.”
“I think all the guys from Laval are looking pretty good. I mean, Belzile, Evans, Flower (Fleury), Juulsen, Weiser (Weise), Flower (Fleury), Olofsson… They're all competing hard. So it's been fun to see. We've got what, 30 guys out there, and everybody's trying to make an impression. I think everyone looks pretty good.”
“I started growing my mustache probably February or March, and really focusing on it. I feel like I look pretty good with it. So I'm definitely going to keep it for the time being. It's just something that I've some confidence with.”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not sure what this means for the AHL.

My priority would be to have Primeau play at least 60 to 70% of the games. But there are a lot of goalies in the system. 4 goalies after Price and Allen:

Primeau
Vasili Demchenko
Lindgren
McNiven

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure what this means for the AHL.

My priority would be to have Primeau play at least 60 to 70% of the games. But there are a lot of goalies in the system. 4 goalies after Price and Allen:

Primeau
Vasili Demchenko
Lindgren
McNiven

McNiven isn't signed for next year. There is still time before Montreal chooses to either sign him or offer him a qualifying offer.

But under contract next year: Price, Allen, Lindgren, Primeau & Demchenko.

I'd rather extend McNiven and have him as Primeau's back up in Laval and Lindgren traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->