Player Discussion Charlie Coyle #1 center predictions

Prediction: Charlie Coyle as the #1 center (#1 center meaning he gets to play with either 63 or 88)

• He will thrive as the 1c.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • He will be a serviceable #1c.

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • He's terrible (big minus player) but they keep him there because they don't have better options.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • He will be the 2c and not get to play with 63 or 88.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • He will be the 3c by Xmas if not sooner. Charlie Coyle is not a top6 C.

Votes: 53 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I’m not the biggest Coyle fan, but the majority of the team looks to be in a slump. It’s hard to single out one guy at this point.
My point isn't that he is in a slump, just that this is Coyle’s regression to the mean phase and he is not what many fans here wish him to be. Because he has A+ physical tools, he can sometimes play above his level, but it is always a temporary surge and then he comes back down to earth. Just doesn’t have the overall consistent game and hockey IQ to be more than a 3C.

When he goes on these runs of playing above his abilities, some fans claim he is really a top 6 center (see this thread and many others over the past 5 years starting with that great playoff run in 2019) and he just isn’t and it is that lack of top 6 centers that has me prepared to see this as a transition year and not a year where they will do much damage in the playoffs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He has 6 points in those 10 games, that’s not exactly a slump.

He has 0 points in 5 games and is a -5 over that time. Now THAT is a mini slump. But that’s allowable, everybody goes through one.

It is not a coincidence that the team started performing poorly when Coyle did

And DeBrusk

Reactions: CDJ

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I feel like Charlie Coyle has been in the middle of the scrums much more often this past month. Him playing a heavy game in the playoffs would be phenomenal.

Reactions: BMC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_9510.png
IMG_9509.png

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Suffice to say now that the season is almost done that both he and Zacha have stepped up and proven that they can be serviceable top 6Cs?

Hopefully they can continue it when the real test starts

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
22% could see it...So happy for Coyle. Time for early on steadfast folk to...Funny thing is the folk yip yapping negativity about Coyle are the repeat negative nellies on this site. I will some of this was driven by the fact Bergeron was retiring so panic was present.

1712330703600.png

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I love watching Coyle play...Dude is a stud! He rocks on PK, PP. He comes across as a guy other teams hate to play against. Big strong dude who can skate, hit, and puck possession madness.

Need some Coyle love!!!!

• Love

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not impossible that Coyle produces well in a bigger role, the guy does have his strengths
Looks like we have a winner, Carol. Show him what he won…..

22% could see it...So happy for Coyle. Time for early on steadfast folk to...Funny thing is the folk yip yapping negativity about Coyle are the repeat negative nellies on this site. I will some of this was driven by the fact Bergeron was retiring so panic was present.

View attachment 846544
You can get on auto ship from Amazon for frozen crow

The dead fresh roadkill is a bit more expensive but if you get it in the North some deer in there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad