Player Discussion Charles Hudon

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That was fast. Up for a game. And now back down.

I assume this means Byron will be back Tuesday vs Columbus. He's day to day.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That was fast. Up for a game. And now back down.

I assume this means Byron will be back Tuesday vs Columbus. He's day to day.

Strange though, you'd think they'd rather have 13 forwards for the trip to Columbus.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I was surprised to hear his name mentioned.
Career AHLer or euro league player. Never understood how people actually thought this kid had potential to be a top 6 guy.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I can remember when I wished I could make 50k a year. Thought that was big money. I was making minimum wage there for a few years. Once I made 50k, didn't seem like much.
After the government comes in and paying expenses...practically nothing left.
If your hobbies are to..go for a walk or read a book...guess not so bad.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Basically right on the hobbies. At 50k a year, I don't go to restaurant or movies. Back in the '80s, I made like $6 an hour, paid $500 a month rent for 1 bedroom apartment in town. The next year I smarten up. Rented a 2 bedroom for $600, got a roommate, cut rent in half. Thought I was living the good life.

Reactions: jaffy27

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Lol. There’s not many hobbies you can’t do for less then 10k, maybe you aren’t styling it but you can do them. Hockey, scuba diving, photography, sailing, go karting, et al, they can be done and at 50k/year you can swing that, if you really want to.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I was surprised to hear his name mentioned.
Career AHLer or euro league player. Never understood how people actually thought this kid had potential to be a top 6 guy.

If he could fix his skating, he could be a top6.

He's in the same boat as Andrighetto. He's a top 6 kind of guy that is not good enough to play top6 on most teams.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He won't be getting this anymore
You do realize even if he does not get an NHL contract next season, someone with his experience and good production in the AHL would get a veteran contract in the AHL so about $250K a year. If he were to go to Europe, he would also be making that, more potentially in the KHL, and most Euro contracts including housing and a car among other perks. Look at a guy like Belize in Laval he makes $175K and has never played a game in the NHL.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If it's Hudon in for Drouin, and KK is still out, I'd go:

He'll make much more money than you or I will ever dream of either playing in Europe or even the AHL.
Even if he's not on a one way, he'll probably end up with one of those contract that guarantees like $150K in the AHL.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He played a decent game. But that's what he is.. someone who can spot play and not kill your team.

He doesn't have the speed to be the type of forward he wants to be in the NHL. He doesn't have the offensize IQ of a Suzuki to slow down the play and make quick decisions once at that point.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If he could fix his skating, he could be a top6.

He's in the same boat as Andrighetto. He's a top 6 kind of guy that is not good enough to play top6 on most teams.
I don't think so. No big shot, creativity, stickhanlding, vision, IQ...he's just very mediocre in all those things for the NHL.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Even if he's not on a one way, he'll probably end up with one of those contract that guarantees like $150K in the AHL.

Or $250k or $350k, as i think taormia, barber, and varone have.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Lol. There’s not many hobbies you can’t do for less then 10k, maybe you aren’t styling it but you can do them. Hockey, scuba diving, photography, sailing, go karting, et al, they can be done and at 50k/year you can swing that, if you really want to.
Of course you can play hockey under a 50K salary..
I meant more, you play hockey, go to the gym, out to movies, eat out 3-5 times during the week, fancier restaurants on weekends, parties, boozy brunches, shopping, cafes.....starts to add up real quick.
Of course, if all you do very little of that with just a couple of hobbies, you're fine.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Basically right on the hobbies. At 50k a year, I don't go to restaurant or movies. Back in the '80s, I made like $6 an hour, paid $500 a month rent for 1 bedroom apartment in town. The next year I smarten up. Rented a 2 bedroom for $600, got a roommate, cut rent in half. Thought I was living the good life.

Hey man, some people are extremely happy living their minimalist lives. I'm a consumer whore though..so ya..

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poehling needs to stay in Laval and prove he can play there. Calling him him up was insulting to those who were more deserving.

What is needed in the lineup is also a factor in who gets called up. Poehling's size is needed in our top 9. He can't drive the play like Suzuki at this point. But he has the speed to get into position for a playmaker to get him the puck and the size to get position in front of the bet.

The three goals he scored were ftom using his speed and size. He barrly had the puck on all three.

And, when he does get the puck, he doesn't handle it like a hand grenade like McCarron.

Having said that, time in Laval can only be good for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad