OT: Charity Bags

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I ordered a bag another bag online this year (the $250 one) for the third year in a row.

I like how the "Pittsburgh Is Home" Penguins documentary DVD is coming with it. As I have still yet to see it and I'm a huge fan of having a physical disk copy of stuff like that for my hockey DVD/Blu-ray collection.

Hmm, you ordered one for this year already? I'm trying to order one this year, but it says the link will be posted at 3:45.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hmm, you ordered one for this year already? I'm trying to order one this year, but it says the link will be posted at 3:45.

I got a "you can preorder one early" email from the Pens Gear store last week. I think it was because they know I ordered a bag from them last year and the year before. :dunno:

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
The contents this year were a little underwhelming. The bobbleheads are cool and the 50 years penguins book are really cool and good quality. The rest just seems much cheaper than previous years. Though the bag itself is a definite upgrade from past years though.

I also got a Cullen puck.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The contents this year were a little underwhelming. The bobbleheads are cool and the 50 years penguins book are really cool and good quality. The rest just seems much cheaper than previous years. Though the bag itself is a definite upgrade from past years though.

I also got a Cullen puck.

Besides the signed puck, bobbleheads, the 50th anniversary book, and the documentary DVD...what all else is in there??

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I was so confused for a few minutes reading this thread from the beginning. I assumed someone started it last night. I was like "how did someone get a Kobasew puck just last year? they're still giving away Despres pucks? do they just have a stockroom with signed pucks from former players that they throw in these bags?"

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Besides the signed puck, bobbleheads, the 50th anniversary book, and the documentary DVD...what all else is in there??

A fleece blanket, penguins "yearbook", calendar, cheap ass earbuds, luggage tag, and neck pillow.

EDIT: here is the neck pillow.. on my dog.. She's also laying on the blanket.
IMG_2185.JPG_zpszujpjurl.jpeg

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Got my bag today.

The bobbleheads seem like much better quality ones again (not like those crappy ones last year) and everything else looks very nice. I can't wait to watch the documentary DVD.

I ended up with a signed Matt Murray puck :yo:

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Our bag came today. Outside of the earbuds, everything is pretty awesome. I am particularly looking forward to the DVD.

We got a signed Crosby jersey and a Kessel puck. It was a great haul!

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
Got mine today. Didn't know the documentary came with it, so i'm beyond excited to have it in a tangible format. Also got a #14 signed puck, I guess the good Lord is still punishing me for spending real world tender for that Burzum record in 8th grade.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Got mine today. Didn't know the documentary came with it, so i'm beyond excited to have it in a tangible format. Also got a #14 signed puck, I guess the good Lord is still punishing me for spending real world tender for that Burzum record in 8th grade.

You really hate Kunitz that much? I mean he has been in the top six on two Penguins cup winners regardless of how ineffective he is now. I would also argue that he looks like he still cares out there, it's just he is 37 and can't move.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
My bag came today, and I received a Bonino puck. Fitting because when I was driving home from work today, the "Bonino Bonino Bonino" goal call popped up in my head.

The bobbleheads are nice, and the 50th anniversary book looks really nice. I do kinda wish they used a full size case for the DVD rather than a little cardboard pack, I might have to buy a case and print a cover for it.

PennDanzig

R.I.P. PIMP C
Mar 1, 2016
You really hate Kunitz that much? I mean he has been in the top six on two Penguins cup winners regardless of how ineffective he is now. I would also argue that he looks like he still cares out there, it's just he is 37 and can't move.

Lol, that was obviously in jest. :laugh: I'm more than fine will his play in a limited role, he looked great playing around 11/12 mins a night on the 4th line with Cullen. Also, probably just a little bummed I didn't get a sexier pick. :cry: Next year, I should probably just bite the bullet and get the gold bag to ensure some kooler swag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad