OT: Charity Bags

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Anyone grab a bag this year besides me?

Mine arrived today and the cardboard FedEx box it came in was super damaged and looked like it went through the ****ing war. My travel mug was dented and one of my bobbleheads (Bourque) is missing the blade of his stick. :amazed: And it wasn't in the box so who knows what the hell happened with it?

No jersey for me. I ended up with a signed Recchi puck and a....wait for it:

Signed Zatkoff puck. :help: :shakehead

All in all the bag I got last year was much nicer/arrived much better.

51WcIGpppaL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Trottier puck is cool though

no doubt. Overall I the contents are nice, some things seem ridiculous though (like said tank top thats wayyyy too big and a ****** bluetooth speaker), but the bobbleheads are cool.. :laugh:

I actually like that they went with a backpack this year than a gym bag.. quality of the bag is still pretty ******, but whatever.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
$250 to maybe get a jersey, tad expensive.

EDIT - imagine getting Bonino or Maatta, I would want a refund.

Yeah the price point is just a little off for me. If it was $500 and a guaranteed signed 66, 71, or 87 then I would pay without thinking twice. Frankly, I wouldn't even want the rest of the stuff or the bag it came in...

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Well it is supposed about giving to charity, so... :laugh:

Yeah the price point is just a little off for me. If it was $500 and a guaranteed signed 66, 71, or 87 then I would pay without thinking twice. Frankly, I wouldn't even want the rest of the stuff or the bag it came in...

Would sooner give them $100 and tell them to stick the rest of the stuff which is basically filler. Put the remainder towards a jersey and drag my ass to practice and wait, with a pen :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yes, a charity run by a multi-million dollar company.

I believe they team up with Lemieux Foundation which has done nothing but insane wonders for Pittsburgh and the children of our city. No joke... I think Mario has done more for this city that isn't hockey related than he did hockey related. His legacy should include both.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I ordered a bag another bag online this year (the $250 one) for the third year in a row.

I like how the "Pittsburgh Is Home" Penguins documentary DVD is coming with it. As I have still yet to see it and I'm a huge fan of having a physical disk copy of stuff like that for my hockey DVD/Blu-ray collection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad