NFL: Chargers move to Los Angeles

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I disagree with the notion that LA can't support 2 NFL teams.

What Chargers have to do is make their product affordable and field a good team.

Which neither of those they have done.

If Raiders came to LA it would have been a much easier transition.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't blame Spanos for leaving SD as he pretty much exhausted all of his options, and I can understand why he chose LA, figuring the Charger fans in SD would be willing to commute to LA 8 times a year.

Which is an even more out of touch perspective on his part if he thought that. Sports teams are a big part of a city's civic culture, and if a team moves away from your city it's often and correctly interpreted as a slap in the face to your home and is essentially a divorce between the vast majority of the former fanbase and the team. And that's especially the case when the team moves to a city that your old home has a bit of a little brother complex about, too. I mean, the worst thing that a San Diego team could do would be to move to Los Angeles. They may be close geographically, but I'd almost argue that they'd still have more fans in San Diego if they had moved to the other side of the planet then just slightly upstate.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
moving the rams back to LA made perfect sense. that team should never have moved in the first place

moving the chargers back to LA made zero sense. the team had zero history to speak of in LA and the chargers are not even in the top 5 in regards to the size of their fanbase in the LA area. at least the rams still had a good amount of fans still left from their first stint in LA

the raiders coming back would have made the most sense because a ton of LA area football fans are raiders fans. it's going to be fun to watch when the raiders play the chargers at stubhub center. i'd be shocked if there were any chargers fans in the stands at all

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
moving the rams back to LA made perfect sense. that team should never have moved in the first place

moving the chargers back to LA made zero sense. the team had zero history to speak of in LA and the chargers are not even in the top 5 in regards to the size of their fanbase in the LA area. at least the rams still had a good amount of fans still left from their first stint in LA

the raiders coming back would have made the most sense because a ton of LA area football fans are raiders fans. it's going to be fun to watch when the raiders play the chargers at stubhub center. i'd be shocked if there were any chargers fans in the stands at all

And that's likely why Kroenke wanted the Chargers ahead of the Raiders to share his new $2 billion stadium. If Goff was the same QB from last year and the Raiders have Carr, can you imagine how that would be with him spending that money and having the Raiders own the town and calling his stadium their "house"?

Always made more sense for the Raiders to go to LA and for the Chargers to go to Vegas. But, $ talks....

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad