NFL: Chargers move to Los Angeles

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
As long as Gates is still playing I'll stick with them but not sure after he retires. Too bad they couldn't work something out to stay if true

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Apparently at today's meeting, there was no indication that the league was going to help out with the funding gap with the latest SD proposal. If so, this appears to be the final straw.

Really sucks of San Diego fans :(

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"A stunner" if by everybody talking about it for an entire year is shocking, then yes, i guess it is.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
LOL at the NFL, desperately trying to take back official presence in Los Angeles with not one, but two teams, especially when they have a self-fulfilling paranoid prophecy the NHL would eventually lock the NFL out of Los Angeles!

It's painfully obvious the NFL already lost Los Angeles to the NBA anyway.

But yeah, in real life, I did tell a fellow LA Kings fan from San Diego back in 2014 should the Chargers move to L.A., that move would singlehandedly force the San Diego Padres to improve their team as a logical aftermath of the Chargers, leaving San Diego and the MLB Padres, receiving San Diego's undivided sports attention.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what a sad day for san diego. and such a sad way to go out, that chargers-chiefs game a few weeks ago was 95% chiefs fans

this is going to end up being a massive failure

1. LA football fans already have a team. It's most likely the raiders or rams

2. Why would SD fans make the 2+ hour drive to watch the chargers after the organization just took a huge dump on them?

And where are they going to play until that new stadium is finished? the rose bowl?

they're better off rebranding the team. leave the look and history in SD

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The ironic thing is the one team that LA seems to actually care about (especially if you look at ratings) is the Raiders, the one team that will end up not being there.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Apparently, the most likely place they'll play is StubHub Center. Even with temporary seats, it will seat 30K.

They're going with supply and demand route while being #2

stubhub center?

hahahahahahahaha do people realize how tiny that stadium is? i mean, it doesn't really matter because no one is going to go anyways

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The NFL makes dumb move after dumb move. Not sure it will be around in 25 years if this stupidity continues.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the one team that most LA fans actually wanted is the one that didn't relocate

hilarious

but at least the rams have a long history in LA. the chargers? come on NFL. the chargers are a SD team. they have zero connection to LA

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
the one team that most LA fans actually wanted is the one that didn't relocate

hilarious

but at least the rams have a long history in LA. the chargers? come on NFL. the chargers are a SD team. they have zero connection to LA
Only Chargers fans here are millennials that weren't around for the Rams and Raiders here and just picked the closest team.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Now is there ANY chance we get the Raiders too to complete the Holy Trinity?

LOL, and watch L.A. gets reduced into a Dodgers/Raiders town at worst. :help: It's gotten to the point that very idea gets me reminded of this one certain YouTube channel called "Hey Vato Show".

The fact I posted two videos from that YouTube channel proves I'm not making things up.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
5d863c9af628fe902bed39c8e1000db5.jpg
:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad