NFL: Chargers move to Los Angeles

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I would guess San Diego feels the same way we do in St. Louis. Pretty much scorched earth.

The only way you could even entertain it is with a new owner and if you were going to do that, then why did you force this mess for Spanos in the first place?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I mean realistically, where would you move the Chargers if not back to SD?

San Antonio in theory seems nice, but there's no way Jerry Jones would let that happen, let alone Jones and McNair.

St Louis still makes sense, but again, how can you put that city through losing the Rams, to then just give them a different team a few years later.

Not a lot of options.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

San Antonio in theory seems nice, but there's no way Jerry Jones would let that happen, let alone Jones and McNair.

St Louis still makes sense, but again, how can you put that city through losing the Rams, to then just give them a different team a few years later.

Not a lot of options.

No team is going back to St Louis unless theres a new stadium.

And fot the record, they lost the Cardinals in 87 then managed to get the Rams 8 years later

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the only way you could get San Diego to even accept the Chargers coming back is somehow having Spanos removed from the picture.

Spanos burned that bridge for himself forever. San Diego residents rightfully nothing to do with him or his business. Honestly the bridge might be burned period regardless of who's involved. they got screwed by Spanos and the NFL.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
That Yahoo article is interesting, I’ve been thinking since the Miami game Spanos is eventually going to sell to someone who moves the team back to San Diego and builds the Mission Valley Stadium. I think San Diego will welcome them back with a new owner and new stadium, but not with Spanos no way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jerry and McNair shouldn't have a say

SA is 274 miles away from Dallas and a 4 hour drive with no traffic
SA is 197 miles away from Houston and a 3 hour drive with no traffic

I don't think Jerry would care that much since the Chargers are in the AFC. He was supportive to Houston getting a team back. The Cowboys will always rule Texas.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Not a lot of options.

Yeah St. Louis isn’t an option for the Chargers lol

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't think Jerry would care that much since the Chargers are in the AFC. He was supportive to Houston getting a team back. The Cowboys will always rule Texas.

Yea, Jerry is going to be making truck loads of money regardless of how many teams play in Texas. They haven't won or been to a SB in over 20 years yet go up in value every year.

He's lame.

Just switch the Raiders and Charges then. Tell Spanos he'll get all the revenue from the stadium in LV rather then being a tenant.

Why would the Raiders do that? Then they'd be the tenant instead.

Chargers should try a new market, maybe Virginia or Austin?

Virginia is way too small for the NFL.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Amazing.

Rams have the biggest attendance drop in history and the Chargers can’t block a banner because their stadium is too pathetically small.

The return to LA couldnt have gone better IMO

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Amazing.

Rams have the biggest attendance drop in history and the Chargers can’t block a banner because their stadium is too pathetically small.

The return to LA couldnt have gone better IMO

Just let it go bruh. The Rams will be fine in LA. The only negative part about the move was St. Louis fans suffering. That is it. Everything else was right and YOU KNOW IT.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just let it go bruh. The Rams will be fine in LA. The only negative part about the move was St. Louis fans suffering. That is it. Everything else was right and YOU KNOW IT.

It was right to put the Chargers in LA? It was right to NOT put the Raiders? Lol what? In what universe? Sheesh the champion of your city, Bill Plaschke even called LA a city of front runners (which fine, whatever but then why put two of the biggest losers in recent memory there?). Meanwhile the Raiders are going to leave the state?

It wasn’t right, it will never have been right, but it’s too late to go back.

Doesn’t mean I can’t laugh at the hilarity of their own stupidity.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
It was right to put the Chargers in LA? It was right to NOT put the Raiders? Lol what? In what universe? Sheesh the champion of your city, Bill Plaschke even called LA a city of front runners (which fine, whatever but then why put two of the biggest losers in recent memory there?). Meanwhile the Raiders are going to leave the state?

It wasn’t right, it will never have been right, but it’s too late to go back.

Doesn’t mean I can’t laugh at the hilarity of their own stupidity.

SMH where did I mention anything about the Chargers? Yikes.

Also funny how you call the Rams and Chargers as the biggest losers while conveniently complaining about the Raiders not moving there considering they were losers before their unexpected winning season last year.

Now before you laugh at other people's stupidity, please get rid of yours first.​

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

SMH where did I mention anything about the Chargers? Yikes.

Also funny how you call the Rams and Chargers as the biggest losers while conveniently complaining about the Raiders not moving there considering they were losers before their unexpected winning season last year.

Now before you laugh at other people's stupidity, please get rid of yours first.​

You quoted me first, not the other way around. I simply addressed my entire post, not just the parts you didn’t ignore.

Also the Chargers moved this year, not last so they had full knowledge of what the Raiders had done. Nobody in their right mind can honestly believe the Chargers going to LA was a good move.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
You quoted me first, not the other way around. I simply addressed my entire post, not just the parts you didn’t ignore.

Also the Chargers moved this year, not last so they had full knowledge of what the Raiders had done. Nobody in their right mind can honestly believe the Chargers going to LA was a good move.

Who cares if I ignored the rest of your post? That's why I simply referred to the part where you were talking shit about the Rams again (shocker). I think you just wasted your time as you can see, I don't care about rhe Chargers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad