Characters Who Were Always Either Face or Heel...

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Ted DiBiase: In addition to his pre-million dollar man days, he was also briefly a babyface manager in WCW after breaking up with the NWO.

Rick Rude: Right before he had to retire, WCW was setting him up for a big feud against Vader. Rude cut a promo on WCW Saturday Night that had the fans clearly on his side.

Iron Shiek: He feuded with Ivan Koloff in the Mid-Atlantic territory in 1980. While it was a heel vs heel feud, most fans saw Shiek as the lesser of two evils.

Rey Mysterio: I believe he was briefly part of a heel faction in the Russo era of WCW when he was wrestling without a mask. It's hard to remember, seems like everyone was switching sides back then.

Can't remember them ever being heels: Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana, Jim Brunzell, Greg Gagne, Magnum T.A.,

Can't remember them ever being faces: Tully Blanchard, Jesse Ventura, Adrian Adonis,

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Can't remember them ever being faces: Tully Blanchard, Jesse Ventura, Adrian Adonis,

I do think Jesse had a brief stint as a face in Portland

I remember hearing him talk about it once in an interview. He said he never felt comfortable doing the face thing

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Ted DiBiase: In addition to his pre-million dollar man days, he was also briefly a babyface manager in WCW after breaking up with the NWO.

Rick Rude: Right before he had to retire, WCW was setting him up for a big feud against Vader. Rude cut a promo on WCW Saturday Night that had the fans clearly on his side.

Iron Shiek: He feuded with Ivan Koloff in the Mid-Atlantic territory in 1980. While it was a heel vs heel feud, most fans saw Shiek as the lesser of two evils.

Rey Mysterio: I believe he was briefly part of a heel faction in the Russo era of WCW when he was wrestling without a mask. It's hard to remember, seems like everyone was switching sides back then.

Can't remember them ever being heels: Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana, Jim Brunzell, Greg Gagne, Magnum T.A.,

Gagne cut a somewhat heel promo at Superclash 2 or 3. He was wrestling Ron Garvin and the crowd was huge into Garvin. And the crowd gave him a hard time. And after the match he said Garvin was a bit like the Chicago Bears (they were in Chicago) and he was like the Minnesota Vikings and they just streamrolled Chicago. The crowd shit all over him and he just walked out with the strap.

Also Brunzell never worked heel, but they were supposed too. WWE was toying with some heel turns for the Bees (they were a big enough act, that they used doubles to test the heel waters) in early 1988 but I guess they thought it went over poorly and scraped it. They beat up Hogan during a lumberjack match against DiBiase.

Last edited:

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I was going to say Eugene, but according to Wikipedia, he had a brief heel run in late 2006.

What a terrible character that was. It was like a New Generation type character dropped right into the Ruthless Aggression era. I'd say it was PG era-esque, but it was too politically incorrect for the PG era.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Also Brunzell never worked heel, but they were supposed too. WWE was toying with some heel turns for the Bees (they were a big enough act, that they used doubles to test the heel waters) in early 1988 but I guess they thought it went over poorly and scraped it. They beat up Hogan during a lumberjack match against DiBiase.

The Killer Bees were my favorite team as a kid. I loved masked confusion, greatest move in wrestling ever.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not sure about WCW because by 1999ish I completely stopped watching it but Rey Mysterio has always been a face in his WWE tenure

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Tom Zenk is another one who I don't think ever wrestled as a heel, although he tried to be an obnoxious heel with that blog he was writing in the early-2000s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad