Characters Who Were Always Either Face or Heel...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Bad News Brown was one of my favorites when he was in the WWF, criminally underused.
He was one of my early favorites as kid in the late 80's. He was a legit bad ass too. World champion in Judo and I think he had a kickboxing background as well. Famously challenged Andre to a fight after hearing him make a racial slur and Andre backed down. Definitely a guy the Steiner's wouldn't have messed with if they had crossed paths with him. Bret Harts book has some interesting stories about Bad News. Definitely not the easiest guy for other wrestlers to work with.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He was one of my early favorites as kid in the late 80's. He was a legit bad ass too. World champion in Judo and I think he had a kickboxing background as well. Famously challenged Andre to a fight after hearing him make a racial slur and Andre backed down. Definitely a guy the Steiner's wouldn't have messed with if they had crossed paths with him. Bret Harts book has some interesting stories about Bad News. Definitely not the easiest guy for other wrestlers to work with.

He sort of had a Stone Cold Steve Austin thing going for him, and as a fan of promo work(I generally always like the talkers) I thought his promos were awesome

Reactions: DaaaaB's

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
always face: Tito Santana
always heel: Adrian Adonis, Iron Mike Sharpe :)

I was gonna list Dino Bravo as always heel, but wiki shows him working as a face in his final year with WWF.
Following a WrestleMania VII loss to Kerry Von Erich, he wrestled less frequently, with his next appearance on WWF TV coming in August 1991 as a face (without Jimmy Hart or dyed-blonde hair), now being billed as the "Canadian Strongman, Dino Bravo" in victories over Louie Spicolli and Shane Douglas. Bravo then began a short run on Montreal house shows as a face, against The Mountie (Jacques Rougeau) and The Barbarian. In his final match, televised on Sky Movies, he and Colonel Mustafa lost to The Legion of Doom in Sheffield, England.[8] Bravo left the WWF and retired from wrestling following a European tour in April 1992.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I was gonna list Dino Bravo as always heel, but wiki shows him working as a face in his final year with WWF.

Bravo was a face I believe most his career until that late 80s WWF run. He was even a WWWF tag team champion in the late 70s as a face. He was a huge face in Quebec where he spent the bulk of the early to mid 80s

Reactions: iamjs and sabremike

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Before anybody mentions Abdullah the Butcher I was actually at the show in Montreal at the Paul Sauve Center where they did the seemingly impossible and turned him face. For the last month or so they were running an angle where Abdullah was getting frustrated as his Manager ( Eddie the Brain Creatchman ) was getting title shots for other members of his stable ( Steve Strong, Kamala, Sheik Ali, Hercules Ayala, etc. ) but none for Abdullah. Anyway - during a tag match ( Abdullah and Kamala vs Rick Martel and Austin Idol ) Abdullah accidently hit his partner and that's when the sh*t hit the fan:

Abdullah's face turn lasted about 6 months ( including an International Wrestling / Lutte Internationale title win against former stablemate Hercules Ayala ) before turning heel once again just before the promotion closed in early 1987.

Reactions: sabremike

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
From May of 98 through WM 15 he was a face. There were other times too. Like in early 2002 after he returned from his quad injury.
I think he's referring to specifically the Greenwich snob character that was a continuation of his WCW character. By 98 and Mania 15 the snob aspects of the character had been dropped and he was just "Triple H" the degenerate. Don't know if this counts though as his name is basically the same. Depends on how granular you want to get with it I guess.

Reactions: GlitchMarner

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I think he's referring to specifically the Greenwich snob character that was a continuation of his WCW character. By 98 and Mania 15 the snob aspects of the character had been dropped and he was just "Triple H" the degenerate. Don't know if this counts though as his name is basically the same. Depends on how granular you want to get with it I guess.

Ah okay.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Jim Duggan was always a face.

He had a brief heel run in WCW as a member of Team Canada with Lance Storm and some others.

Duggan was a heel throughout the early part of his career which was mainly in the Georgia and Mid-South territories. While in Mid-South Duggan was a member of a heel faction called The Rat Pack - other members included Ted DiBiase, Matt Borne, Steve Williams and Mr. Olympia.

ratpack.jpg

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If you are counting other wrestling gimmicks then yes. Before signing with the WWF he competed in Texas ( World Class Championship Wrestling ) under the name the Dingo Warrior as a heel managed by Gary Hart.

I thought we were only counting the big leagues (IE WWF & WCW)?

I didn't know we actually had rules for this thread. :laugh: So if we are just counting just the national wrestling companies ( WWWF/WWF/WWE, NWA/WCW and the AWA) then the Ultimate Warrior was always a good guy.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I thought we were only counting the big leagues (IE WWF & WCW)?

Before 1985, you can classify many promotions as the "Big Leagues", after that you could start seeing those other promotions dropping 1 by 1 but there still was a 1-5 year period some of them were still successful.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I know he mocked McMahon by bringing in fake Razor and Diesel. And went off on Michael Cole in 99. But I don't think fans ever hated J.R. in WWE. Can't comment on his WCW days.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Before 1985, you can classify many promotions as the "Big Leagues", after that you could start seeing those other promotions dropping 1 by 1 but there still was a 1-5 year period some of them were still successful.

In that case, it's near impossible to find a Wrestler who was always one of both (Face or Heel).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad