Characters Who Were Always Either Face or Heel...

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Which characters never changed alignment?

Obviously IRS was never a baby face.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Jeff Jarrett's Country Singer character was ever a face (at least prior to Jarrett's latest WWE run).

Hogan was always a face with the Hulkamania gimmick (whereas his Hollywood persona was a heel with the nWo), no?

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Face IRS would have been... intriguing to see.

Ted DiBiase was always heel with his Millionaire gimmick, no?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Which characters never changed alignment?

Obviously IRS was never a baby face.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Jeff Jarrett's Country Singer character was ever a face (at least prior to Jarrett's latest WWE run).

Hogan was always a face with the Hulkamania gimmick (whereas his Hollywood persona was a heel with the nWo), no?

IRS was never a face as IRS, at least I don't think he was, but when he and Barry Windham teamed up in 80s WWF they were a big face team called the US Express and they feuded with Volkoff and The Iron Sheik.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Ravishing Rick Rude as a heel maybe. He was trending toward face when he had his career ending injury though.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I laughed to myself because the first person I thought of was Natalya, and how she changes between face and heel basically every time she's on tv.

But for real, I think Rey Mysterio has always been a face.

Reactions: OmniSens

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
DiBiase was a face at least part of his team before the Million Dollar Man gimmick. I think it was in the UWF. Either way he was rather limited in the ring.

Here is good guy Ted Dibiase vs heel Hulk Hogan from 1979 in the WWF

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I believe that the subject is gimmicks, not the whole wrestler's career. The Million Dollar Man was never face, though DiBiase was at various times. IRS was never face, though Rotunda was. Rude was a face jobber at the start I think but Ravishing Rick Rude never really was face. I think that the mentioned Steamboat is a case of a guy always being face no matter what. Had he been a heel he could have just used his real name.

Last edited:

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
IRS was never a face as IRS, at least I don't think he was, but when he and Barry Windham teamed up in 80s WWF they were a big face team called the US Express and they feuded with Volkoff and The Iron Sheik.

Sidenote. That team of Rotunda and Windham used Real American as their theme music.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hustle loyalty respect Cena never turned heel (unfortunately but understandably)

Vanilla ice Cena was THE SHIT

Was RVD ever a heel in the WWE? I mean he technically had the invasion angle but I don’t really feel he was ever getting heat

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hustle loyalty respect Cena never turned heel (unfortunately but understandably)

Vanilla ice Cena was THE SHIT

Didn't Cena start off as a heel but his rapping sort of got him over so they turned him into Vanilla ice Cena?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Didn't Cena start off as a heel but his rapping sort of got him over so they turned him into Vanilla ice Cena?

so I’ve been watching 2002 WWE and I just saw cena’s first couple matches- they debuted him as an aggressive, fresh-faced kid. Was very generic looking. What I’m looking forward to is what should be coming up shortly- rapper Cena. I don’t quite remember how he debuted but if I had to guess he debuted it, got heat, hit ppl with his chain, and eventually started to get support before they moved him face for the rest of eternity

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
so I’ve been watching 2002 WWE and I just saw cena’s first couple matches- they debuted him as an aggressive, fresh-faced kid. Was very generic looking. What I’m looking forward to is what should be coming up shortly- rapper Cena. I don’t quite remember how he debuted but if I had to guess he debuted it, got heat, hit ppl with his chain, and eventually started to get support before they moved him face for the rest of eternity

From my memory he came in as a heel but he had somewhat risky raps(potty humor), which quickly got himover with the crowd so they turned him face and made his raps more kid friendly

Reactions: CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
DiBiase was a face at least part of his team before the Million Dollar Man gimmick. I think it was in the UWF. Either way he was rather limited in the ring.

DiBiase was definitely a face early on in his career in territories such Georgia, St. Louis and Mid-South / UWF. He actually started out as a face in the WWF when he started there in 1987 and had about 5 or 6 house show matches against the OMG. DiBiase started his heel run about 6 weeks later turning on Sam Houston after a tag-team loss to the OMG and Ron Bass and shortly afterwards the WWF started airing his Million Dollar Man vignettes.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I believe that the subject is gimmicks, not the whole wrestler's career. The Million Dollar Man was never face, though DiBiase was at various times. IRS was never face, though Rotunda was. Rude was a face jobber at the start I think but Ravishing Rick Rude never really was face. I think that the mentioned Steamboat is a case of a guy always being face no matter what. Had he been a heel he could have just used his real name.
Rude was a face when he started his ECW run begining with one of the greatest ECW angles ever where he came out wearing a mask and brought back Pitbull 1 (who had suffered a broken neck) who cleaned house on Shane. He did the reveal at Barely Legal after the disastrous Shane-Pitbull II match and was briefly a face color commentator. In July they did a cage match with the "WWF" heels vs Dreamer and Sandman and their mystery partner Rude, who just as the match started turned heel on them.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Rick Rude is always the first guy that comes to mind when it comes to always being a heel.

Iron Sheik, too.

Bad News Brown?

Vader?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Rick Rude is always the first guy that comes to mind when it comes to always being a heel.

When Rude first started out he was just another face jobber in the Mid-Atlantic, Vancouver, Georgia, Memphis and Mid-South territories and wrestled as Ricky Rood ( the real spelling of his last name ). He returned to Memphis in the mid 80's as Rick Rude and was now a heel managed by Jimmy Hart.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Rude was a face when he started his ECW run begining with one of the greatest ECW angles ever where he came out wearing a mask and brought back Pitbull 1 (who had suffered a broken neck) who cleaned house on Shane. He did the reveal at Barely Legal after the disastrous Shane-Pitbull II match and was briefly a face color commentator. In July they did a cage match with the "WWF" heels vs Dreamer and Sandman and their mystery partner Rude, who just as the match started turned heel on them.

I was more looking at when he was still wrestling but I suppose he did have that six man match so he squeaks into face territory at the end. Then again it wasn't specified that the gimmick had to still be wrestling.

Bam Bam Bigelow?

He was a face in his early WWF days.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I was more looking at when he was still wrestling but I suppose he did have that six man match so he squeaks into face territory at the end. Then again it wasn't specified that the gimmick had to still be wrestling.

He was a face in his early WWF days.
And after the match with LT at Mania. He was supposed to get a huge push as a top face but LT decided against doing the planned match at SummerSlam where he would team with Bam Bam and The Clique put the kibosh on it as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->