Proposal: Chara to Canucks

cc

Feb 28, 2002
maybe talk about that after signing the RFAs first. If there was cap left over, I actually wouldn't mind signing him.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Casuals might get mad, but I think the Sedins respect him after playing head to head for 7 games and being in the league for so long. Chara would be a mentor worth having and the most intimidating player on the roster.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Wouldn’t be opposed to him as a cheap option, but unless someone else is moved out (popular choice would be Myers), there’s not really any room.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
If the guy would play for the Thornton contract, there is not a team in the league that wouldn’t be better for having him. That being said, maybe he isn’t willing to do that and remains unsigned for that reason.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Nothing to do with signing him, but you guys remember when Chara accidently revealed he's into bdsm?

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Probably have to pay him double what a guy like Schenn is getting for… how much of a difference at this point really? He’s still better but looking at it, the 6/7 role is filled and there isn’t money lying around for another one.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Chara is between a defensive liability to he’s not. Still a dominant fighter though.

I don’t see the fit. He’s a left side D so trading Myers isn’t really relevant. Curiously though the Canucks did offer Edler a contract so perhaps someone like Hughes or Rathbone can move to the right side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad