Changing the teams threads

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
If we only stick to red and green we don't have a lot of options. We've done greens, we've done reds. There are only so many ways to rearrange two colors.

If they made a black sweater that everyone seems to love, I'm all on board. A competent organization would make sure their focus groups are filled with a wide range of people from different backgrounds with different interests and tastes.

I'm not saying black or bust, but stepping out of your comfort zone once in a while can be a good thing.
I agree 100% it is nice to step out of your comfortable zone and try something new.

however, I still say we need to use team colors. I might come off a bit of a hypocrite since I love the retros, but that’s a different story in my mind.

In addition black jersey is such an old fade. Pretty much every team has done them already. Plus let Dallas be the green and black team. We have all this talk that the Wild need to build their own brand but if we do a black jersey you can bet all the talk will be about how Minnesota wants to take back the North Stars and take the current Dallas colors.

I think the franchise can step out of the comfort zone while trying something out there with team colors. How about a red and cream sweater? Those are team colors but take out the green you might have a red sweater people like.

think Vancouver:
CANUCKS_KES_010813_069.jpg

Of course change the template but I think their Millionaires sweaters was very nice.

Plus you could make them special nights when you wear them and tell the fans to have a red out. It works in college no reason why it wouldn’t work in the pros.

the logo on the chest can be this:
3394D1EE-7F6E-44FA-97DD-1554DA6C090C.jpeg

or even bring back the scripted Minnesota in red .I know many people that would just love that those sweaters back.

Reactions: TaLoN

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I agree 100% it is nice to step out of your comfortable zone and try something new.

however, I still say we need to use team colors. I might come off a bit of a hypocrite since I love the retros, but that’s a different story in my mind.

In addition black jersey is such an old fade. Pretty much every team has done them already. Plus let Dallas be the green and black team. We have all this talk that the Wild need to build their own brand but if we do a black jersey you can bet all the talk will be about how Minnesota wants to take back the North Stars and take the current Dallas colors.

I think the franchise can step out of the comfort zone while trying something out there with team colors. How about a red and cream sweater? Those are team colors but take out the green you might have a red sweater people like.

think Vancouver:

Of course change the template but I think their Millionaires sweaters was very nice.

Plus you could make them special nights when you wear them and tell the fans to have a red out. It works in college no reason why it wouldn’t work in the pros.

View attachment 377135

or even bring back the scripted Minnesota in red .I know many people that would just love that those sweaters back.

Red is like literally my least favorite color. Id rather do blaze orange or camo or even our state flags colors, something that actually has relevance to the name and state, even though theyd probably look ugly.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

think Vancouver:

View attachment 377135

I'd be perfectly okay with a red and cream alternate if it's done well. Just like a black/x alternate. I'm vehemently against a green a cream jersey because our last two jerseys have been all green with cream accents, including the one with the script on the front. My only request is that it be different than what we have now or have had recently. Black as a base would satisfy that requirement. Red/cream would as well.

Reactions: HotDish

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
They had this Black/Red/White mix for the Stadium Series here on a few knit hats and I always wondered if they would go back to that. That's pretty Chicago-y though.

Red is like literally my least favorite color. Id rather do blaze orange or camo or even our state flags colors, something that actually has relevance to the name and state, even though theyd probably look ugly.

I get comments on the Blaze Orange and Real Tree camo numbers they did for warm ups a few years ago all the time. A buddy actually wore one when they beat the Ducks and someone went to comment and then realized it was a Stalock Wild sweater!

Reactions: GuerinUp

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
They had this Black/Red/White mix for the Stadium Series here on a few knit hats and I always wondered if they would go back to that. That's pretty Chicago-y though.

I get comments on the Blaze Orange and Real Tree camo numbers they did for warm ups a few years ago all the time. A buddy actually wore one when they beat the Ducks and someone went to comment and then realized it was a Stalock Wild sweater!

those warmups were awesome!

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Didn’t know where to put this since it really isn’t non hockey sports talk, but isn’t NHL talk. The Whitecaps got new sweaters though.

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-30_15-59-54.jpeg
    upload_2020-11-30_15-59-54.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 4

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
It's funny because they're essentially the EXACT one's I've made in basically every NHL game since like 07 lol. That right there kinda killed my hype for them since i've seen them basically for over a decade. I do like them, but I'm not gonna fork out that much money for a quick color swap jersey. I woulda rather they added more to it, like stars along the bottom of the jersey or an M or script or something

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Is there only one version of the jersey? I'm only seeing the one that looks like it's authentic or something...and you have to pay extra to get the name/number on it. If you get a jersey with a name/# it ends up being like $250 or something. I was thinking of being a buyer in the ~$150 range but no way if it's going to be that much. Thought there would be a replica option or something.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Is there only one version of the jersey? I'm only seeing the one that looks like it's authentic or something...and you have to pay extra to get the name/number on it. If you get a jersey with a name/# it ends up being like $250 or something. I was thinking of being a buyer in the ~$150 range but no way if it's going to be that much. Thought there would be a replica option or something.
The Adidas with name and number ends up around 250. I bought fanatics brand at about 150 out the door. No name or number though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Well is this franchise trying to distance itself from the NS or not?

People get so upset if you ever mention bringing back the NS and then the franchise goes and latches on to their old colors.

They would be stupid to try and distance themselves from something that such a large number of fans still hold dear. I don't get why people would get upset.

Is there anyone that really prefers forest green to kelly green? Forest green is such an ugly color.. A few years ago, forest green was considered a trendy car color....how many new cars do you see that come in forest green these days? Almost none. Why? Because it sucks.

Kelly green is sharp and crisp, forest green is just plain dull.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They would be stupid to try and distance themselves from something that such a large number of fans still hold dear. I don't get why people would get upset.

Is there anyone that really prefers forest green to kelly green? Forest green is such an ugly color.. A few years ago, forest green was considered a trendy car color....how many new cars do you see that come in forest green these days? Almost none. Why? Because it sucks.

Kelly green is sharp and crisp, forest green is just plain dull.
Don't see many Kelly green cars either though. Green is just a bad car color in general. ;)

That said, I don't choose my team colors by what looks good on cars. I prefer black cars, but don't see any reason for our hockey team wear black sweaters.

Reactions: Blue Ox

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Take car color out the discussion. Probably a bad analogy on my part. My point was that kelly green >>>>>>> forest green

Reactions: TaLoN

Blue Ox

Let's Play Hockey!
Nov 5, 2019
North Star State
I like the team's current colors and sweaters. And I love the Logo.

I think the forest green fits well with the theme of the "Wild" of Minnesota.

Kelly green was my high school color back in the 1980's. It was fine back then. But now?? I don't know....

I think the reverse retro jerseys look great though. I just wouldn't want them to change to that color scheme full time. But I wouldn't mind if a "home" version became a third jersey.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I gotta say, I was a fan of the yellow numbers. I wasn't when i first saw them revealed, but they just look unique to me. Really grew on me. Similar to how i feel about our red numbers on our away whites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad