Changing the teams threads

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
North Stars, green or white, both were great sweaters.

Yeah I don't think anyone disagrees, but getting white jerseys is just so disappointing. The green ones are so much better.

I suppose if the plan is to use these beyond one year, we're getting a green Classic jersey next year, so it makes sense, but still.

Reactions: Blue Ox

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I really like our Away sweaters so to me I would prefer another home sweater since the greens are just meh to me. Any way time to save up cash for a Kaprizov North Stars and Rossi Winter classic the following season.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I really like our Away sweaters so to me I would prefer another home sweater since the greens are just meh to me. Any way time to save up cash for a Kaprizov North Stars and Rossi Winter classic the following season.

No Boldy? or not getting your hopes up hell be on the roster in a year?

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
It’s official... personally, I would have reversed the yellow and white in the logo.
38c56aa5-93c2-4f8f-a305-0be8e09e2f75_750x422.jpg

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Sens fan here just checking in with a question.

There was a thread on the main board about the team changing their brand. While I do think that there is a zero percent chance that would happen I absolutely love the North Stars name, logo, and jerseys (especially the early 80s ones before black was added). Just out of curiosity is there any sort of concencus among Minnesota fans if the Wild brand or the North Stars brand was better?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

There was a thread on the main board about the team changing their brand. While I do think that there is a zero percent chance that would happen I absolutely love the North Stars name, logo, and jerseys (especially the early 80s ones before black was added). Just out of curiosity is there any sort of concencus among Minnesota fans if the Wild brand or the North Stars brand was better?
I think a lot of the issue is the Wild haven't done much. If the Wild were a better team and had a cup, or won the division 4 times in a row with multiple deep playoff runs people wouldn't be so attached to the North Stars.

I have relatives that went to North Star games and their favorite hockey memory is the 91 cup run. If the Wild gave them a memory like that they wouldn't talk about the North Stars as much imo.

On top of that the Wild is a very weak name. I love the logo, but the name is very dated/90s. Unfortunately all the names at the time were trash besides maybe the Voyageurs. However as an avid camper/hiker/canoer that makes me bias for that name.

If the Wild had to rebrand(they won't) I think it is smart to move to a name that isn't so "Wild" and not the North Stars. I just don't see the NHL wanting the North Stars while I think Dallas wouldn't care.

I think there are a lot of wildlife in the state we can highlight:
  • Muskies
  • Stags
  • Moose
  • Bears
  • Bison
  • Even Elk in the northwest
Heck if we want to go the Kraken route.

What about the Minnesota Wendigos? I mean this half kidding but that is a local mythological creature tied to the area.

86cd7938300d97d602af88c7a48d27c9-d5pmgju-7670.png

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Nobody would've complained if we took it back when we started back up in 2000, but now it's too late.

I do think that these retro jerseys would be a nice homage with he colors if they became the norms. I wouldn't complain.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Nobody would've complained if we took it back when we started back up in 2000, but now it's too late.

I do think that these retro jerseys would be a nice homage with he colors if they became the norms. I wouldn't complain.
I doubt the Wild really could without the blessing from the Stars. Russo's article on the retro Jersey made it sound like the trademark still belongs to Dallas. It just that the NHL can overrule them.

Honestly I think Dallas wouldn't care. I think their ownership makes zero effort with anything North Stars. If the NHL ok'd it I bet they would rid themselves of that history. The issue is I don't think Leipold wants the North Stars back. You would need some owner who was a super North Stars fan to buy the team and approach Dallas with an offer.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I doubt the Wild really could without the blessing from the Stars. Russo's article on the retro Jersey made it sound like the trademark still belongs to Dallas. It just that the NHL can overrule them.

Honestly I think Dallas wouldn't care. I think their ownership makes zero effort with anything North Stars. If the NHL ok'd it I bet they would rid themselves of that history. The issue is I don't think Leipold wants the North Stars back. You would need some owner who was a super North Stars fan to buy the team and approach Dallas with an offer.

so youre saying we should take the GB packers approach and start pooling money? :cool:

Reactions: HotDish

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
so youre saying we should take the GB packers approach and start pooling money? :cool:
Heck, I'd be down. I would think those stockholder surveys going around would be cringey. Just imagine votes on black jerseys, changing the goal song to a song from the 70s, and should we turn down the music at the game since it is too loud polls.

Reactions: GuerinUp

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
Yeah I don't think anyone disagrees, but getting white jerseys is just so disappointing. The green ones are so much better.

I'm glad they went with white instead of dark. Home fans get to see the opposition jerseys like the old days. It really cool seeing the old Montreal jerseys when they came to town. Also those Boston, Philly, Detroit are classic threads.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I'm glad they went with white instead of dark. Home fans get to see the opposition jerseys like the old days. It really cool seeing the old Montreal jerseys when they came to town. Also those Boston, Philly, Detroit are classic threads.
I think I've said this before, but I have a feeling if these retros knock it out of the park in sales. We might see home North Star sweaters for the Winter Classic. Of course this time with the M secondary logo.

Kinda like how the Canes have now done back to back Whalers. You can't convince me that wasn't because more people are willing to buy a whalers sweater instead of a regular Canes sweater.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis

I will always be partial to the North Stars Logo and Jerseys. I was 10 years old when they left and it was heart breaking and pretty much killed most of my interest in The NHL and to some extent hockey until I was in my mid 20's. Luckily there was the Minnesota gophers college team to watch here in the twin cities. That being said I would take back the Name and Logo back in a heart beat but I'd give it about a 1% chance due to rebranding difficulties.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If they sell well enough, they just may become the new primary jersey, just like that red '03-07 3rd jersey did. Then, between '07-17, it wasn't a 3rd anymore, but instead the new home.

I'm secretly hoping for this (well, not so secretly now that I've typed it). I never thought they'd actually give in and go to the green and gold again, but I'm so glad that they did!

Blue Ox

Let's Play Hockey!
Nov 5, 2019
North Star State
Hard to say....I really have to idea what direction they will go.

Any idea when these would be shown to the public? Are they going to wait until the Winter Classic or will they be yet another jersey?

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
View attachment 377097

Saw this on Reddit, any ideas what the 3rds could be?
Don’t know anyone whose seem them but didn’t Russo say they’re leaning towards a black jersey? I don’t know how well it’d work, but in that same article they said they have confidence it will be viewed highly by fans and that’s not what’s stopping them from revealing it this year.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Don’t know anyone whose seem them but didn’t Russo say they’re leaning towards a black jersey? I don’t know how well it’d work, but in that same article they said they have confidence it will be viewed highly by fans and that’s not what’s stopping them from revealing it this year.
Well I know they were originally they were going to do a black sweater but it failed the TV test. I’m hoping that meant they scrapped it. I’m hoping for a green and cream sweater.

I’d like to know who this source is that said they were sweet.

is it Paul the 53 year old suburban dad? Or is it jack the 21 year old college student? I feel like both of those source could have a vast difference in “sweet”

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well I know they were originally they were going to do a black sweater but it failed the TV test. I’m hoping that meant they scrapped it. I’m hoping for a green and cream sweater.

I’d like to know who this source is that said they were sweet.

is it Paul the 53 year old suburban dad? Or is it jack the 21 year old college student? I feel like both of those source could have a vast difference in “sweet”

You can have a black jersey fail the TV test and then move to a different black jersey. I really doubt they'd do a primarily cream alternate, because third jerseys are home jerseys. And our current jerseys are already green and cream.

My bet is they do a black jersey with red/cream striping and accents.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
You can have a black jersey fail the TV test and then move to a different black jersey. I really doubt they'd do a primarily cream alternate, because third jerseys are home jerseys. And our current jerseys are already green and cream.

My bet is they do a black jersey with red/cream striping and accents.
Yeah my fear is they figured out a way to fix the black sweater.

I'm on team no black since it isn’t a team color. I use to hate the 2016 red sweater but if we aren't going to drop red from our scheme I’m not against bring a Christmas sweater back.

maybe we go a red sweater with the scripted Minnesota logo. :dunno:

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah my fear is they figured out a way to fix the black sweater.

I'm on team no black since it isn’t a team color. I use to hate the 2016 red sweater but if we aren't going to drop red from our scheme I’m not against bring a Christmas sweater back.

maybe we go a red sweater with the scripted Minnesota logo. :dunno:

If we only stick to red and green we don't have a lot of options. We've done greens, we've done reds. There are only so many ways to rearrange two colors.

If they made a black sweater that everyone seems to love, I'm all on board. A competent organization would make sure their focus groups are filled with a wide range of people from different backgrounds with different interests and tastes.

I'm not saying black or bust, but stepping out of your comfort zone once in a while can be a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->