Speculation: Changes In Calgary: The Search For a New GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I think that would depend on who is hired as GM, since they usually have an idea of who they want and everything. That said, I can't see Hartley being let go in the middle of this rebuild. He's done well with this roster, and as long as he has the players ears and they play for him, he should be sticking around.

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
I think that would depend on who is hired as GM, since they usually have an idea of who they want and everything. That said, I can't see Hartley being let go in the middle of this rebuild. He's done well with this roster, and as long as he has the players ears and they play for him, he should be sticking around.

I concur, he should stay for a couple more years yet, he has done very well with this group

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Sorry, realized there was a typo on my Role Call. I'm 41, I work at the the Toronto Star, I was assigned to Vancouver to shoot theLeafs practice in 2012. I went with a writer and was supposed to go fishing with Burke, Nonis, Damien Cox but we got fogged in. So we went to an Irish pub right named Dolin's i believe. Not 100% though. On the streets everyone recognized Burke. In the pub he texted Yzerman to pay attention. It was hilarious watching Stevie Y look around on TV. Burke said a few things but it was off the record and confidential. Being a photographer takes you to wild places. Nonis was really quiet and Burke was loud and strong about his opinions and didn't care if it was positive or negative. One ofthe best nights of my life.

That's an awesome story :handclap:

did Burke smile once?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
http://www.thestar.com/photos/toron...12/2012-richard-lautens-favourite-photos.html

Scroll down to pic of Brian Burke.

I don't think Nicholson would've been good anyways. Maybe in Burke's position but not as GM. I'd still like Benning or Futa. Or Nonis if he gets fired. Speuculating who our AGM is useless because GM's always know their right hand mans.

Will Hartley be back next year?
Great photos Gillies!

Although the one photo of the 3 guys trying to catch to baseball really upset me. Bloody waste of good beer captured in mid air. But I suppose getting people emotional is what you want.

Last edited:

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
This was written by Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun:

Top candidates to for the Flames GM position: George McPhee, Laurece Gilman, Dave Poulin and Claude Loiselle.

I hope this isn't accurate as I'm not a huge fan of any of those guys but if I had to absolutely pick one of those guys it would be Loiselle for me

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
This was written by Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun:

Top candidates to for the Flames GM position: George McPhee, Laurece Gilman, Dave Poulin and Claude Loiselle.

I hope this isn't accurate as I'm not a huge fan of any of those guys but if I had to absolutely pick one of those guys it would be Loiselle for me

Lol.

Aug 3, 2010
Truly glad Ottawa correspondence have their thumbs deep into the mystery pudding that is the Flames' pending new GM hiring situation.

Also, Bruce Garrioch, ace reporter and sports insider, clearly would be Burke's primary information leak.

And in other news, shocking reports that George McPhee, Laurece Gilman, Dave Poulin and Claude Loiselle confirmed to not be in the running for the Flames' general manager position.

JulianHopper*

Don't rule out Dave Nonis. If the Leafs miss the playoffs which it looks like they will then he could be looking for a new job.

Sep 13, 2009
No to retreads! I'd like to see the Flames hire someone new like Benning/Futa/Poulin/Loiselle/Hextall etc. As for Hartley? You can bet he'll be back.

Last edited:

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
If it turns out that Burke is waiting for Nonis be fired I will intentionally crap my pants

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think David Mcnab would a fantastic choice. He has been a great scout throughout the years (finding guys like Kuntiz, Rucchin, Penner) and was hired back to the ducks (and has stayed on) since 05 by Brain Burke. He has done everything but be a GM in the NHL, he could be the right kind of guy for Burke to work with.

Sanaki

Backhand!!!
Mar 31, 2014
Sienne
I like Brad Treliving. He did a pretty darn good job in Phoenix given all the financial restraints.. his draft record is promising.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I like Brad Treliving. He did a pretty darn good job in Phoenix given all the financial restraints.. his draft record is promising.

Treliving wouldn't be a bad GM at all. And even if he tried making mistakes, Burke has the final say. I wouldn't mind this guy one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad