Speculation: Chance Pierre Engvall put on waivers -Paraphrased Jonas Siegal

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
It is a business, in business people get paid.

Still waiting for you to point out all your posts on the Tampa board, show them or be shown as the troll you are... I know where my money is on this one.

Are you expecting Tampa Bay to win the Stanley Cup this season again? 'cos you seem to be suggesting their player turnover is going to be irrelevant this season. But unlike the Leafs who waved bye over recent years to at least a half dozen good dudes to have on your side, Tampa has a recent history of not just winning playoff series, they've won championships.

I don't post on other team's boards because this is the only team I care about.

I'm sorry that you think I'm a troll because trust me I'm utterly sincere. I'm just not the type to allow myself to be intimidated by groupthink. Okay I'm a trollish in that I revel in the cognitive dissonance I generate when I connect on the truth ball with the sweet spot of the bat. Tis a thing of beauty.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
upload_2021-9-25_13-25-26.jpeg

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Engvall would fit on a checking line with Soup and Kampf.
Other than that he is a healthy scratch IMO.

We have some free wallets at camp making peanuts, might be time to swap out Engvall for one of them.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Before this article, Engvall is an extra forward who don’t use his size….he should not be on the Leafs.
After this article, Engvall is a 6’4 C who can skate and play solid Defense, no way they trade him…..

I think he will be useful for the Leafs either as the 3rd wheel on the 2nd or 3rd line or be part of a shutdown line.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Are you expecting Tampa Bay to win the Stanley Cup this season again? 'cos you seem to be suggesting their player turnover is going to be irrelevant this season. But unlike the Leafs who waved bye over recent years to at least a half dozen good dudes to have on your side, Tampa has a recent history of not just winning playoff series, they've won championships.

I don't post on other team's boards because this is the only team I care about.

I'm sorry that you think I'm a troll because trust me I'm utterly sincere. I'm just not the type to allow myself to be intimidated by groupthink. Okay I'm a trollish in that I revel in the cognitive dissonance I generate when I connect on the truth ball with the sweet spot of the bat. Tis a thing of beauty.

There you have it Troll!

The rest of the gibberish you typed is just that.

It's ONLY when the Leafs do it. Not Tampa or any other NHL team JUST the LEAFS. You are not FAN trust me.

Edit: sharper than intended, but the points still stand.

Edit2: I expect this type of thing on the main board not the Leaf's home board

Last edited:

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Just waive him at the end of camp. At his salary there is a good chance he passes through when their are so many other players on waivers. If he gets claimed we lose an over paid 13th forward, if he passes we keep some depth in case of injury.

Reactions: geo25

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
What's sad is Engvall looked great when he first came up. He wasn't a huge threat or anything, but he had a habit of being in the right place at the right time and did a good job managing his space and finding high chance areas to take shots.

What is it about the Leafs that keeps causing young players with sound play mechanics to change into do-nothing skaters that just clog up the ice?

Reactions: geo25

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This has Freddy Modin written all over it

Engvall played less than 110 games in NHL and showed he has all the tools

Most players takes full 2 seasons to come through and some opportunities

He can easily be a Brian Boyle type of player

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Interesting analogy Modin.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

They probably shouldn't just drop him on waivers, but I don't think Engvall is that similar to Modin. He's more like the other Ilya Mikheyev with a little Viktor Stalberg mixed in.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Reading into this speculation quote seems like off season stuff. Especially if it’s based off his preseason line.

We’re in preseason now a folks let’s step up our game

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
They probably shouldn't just drop him on waivers, but I don't think Engvall is that similar to Modin. He's more like the other Ilya Mikheyev with a little Viktor Stalberg mixed in.

That mix should yield you a pretty good serviceable player

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That mix should yield you a pretty good serviceable player

I don't really have strong feelings about Engvall as a player, but if they move on from him(for nothing), I would assume the thought process is they can get more of a Moneyball project out of another option like a surprisingly good Josh Ho-Sang (example) at league minimum and the cap space accrual over the course of a season.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
There you have it Troll!

The rest of the gibberish you typed is just that.

It's ONLY when the Leafs do it. Not Tampa or any other NHL team JUST the LEAFS. You are not FAN trust me.

Edit: sharper than intended, but the points still stand.

Edit2: I expect this type of thing on the main board not the Leaf's home board

Definitely a long suffering fan. Have read a couple dozen Leafs' books, watched decades of Leafs' games, I fondly remember dozens of former Leafs you've probably never heard about. My favourite Leafs of the distant past include Terry Martin, Dan Daoust, Rocky Saganiuk, Mark Osborne, Jamie Macoun, Brad Marsh, Daniel Marois. I always followed the secondary players as much as the star players because I identify more with them. I suspect you're not really a fan of the team but a fan of its star players and its GM. Your type come and go. You'll jump ship when the stars fade or move on, seen it many times.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

He reminds me of that tease of a talent known as Todd Warriner.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
He is a pretty stupid hockey player IMO. Has every tool that you need to be an every day NHL'er. There really should be no doubt of him being in the lineup. Unfortunately he just doesn't make good of his opportunities on a consistent basis IMO. Way too many simple things this guy just misses. He is the only bottom 6 player in our organization who could score a goal in a game all while clearly being the worst player on the ice.

If the speculation of him getting waived is true I honestly wish him well, and wouldn't be surprised if it was the wakeup call he needed. I'll add that it wouldn't bother me one bit if he excelled elsewhere. He's gotten complacent since he signed his deal IMO. It's hardly like he will ever amount to anything more than a 3rd line centre in the most incredible of outcomes. Very little risk getting him off the books.

Best out luck Pierre. Hope you can make good on our skillset elsewhere

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Jonas used the word chance. The OP put quotes around an embellishment and called it a paraphrase.
Chance is just as ambiguous. Technically there is a chance that Matthews is put on waivers.
My point is I don't think it's news worthy, but that is just my opinion

Reactions: Tarmore

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He's saying likely only due to speculating the issue. I also think he didn't want to seem like he knew a tidbit of gossip.

You cannot put Pierre Engvall's likely chance of getting waived to your likelihood of winning a lottery
I mean it's possible Jonas likely could have heard a rumor saying there was a probability at the likelihood of Engvall being put on waiver, maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad