Chance Avs nab Larsson or Lando

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm guilty of wanting RNH too, even though he doesn't fit what we need, at all.

As far as our team needs go, I think the Avs need:

1. Larsson - Big, potential franchise dman to play with Johnson.
2. Lando - Physical winger with character and goal scoring touch.
3. Huberdeau - Big rangy guy that can play the wing and centre.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY
Won't be upset if the Avs pick up either. Both would fill a need. Besides, being partially Swedish I'd like to draft as many Swedes as possible lol

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Won't be upset if the Avs pick up either. Both would fill a need. Besides, being partially Swedish I'd like to draft as many Swedes as possible lol

Helps that he had posters of Foppa on his walls as a young boy in Sveden.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Even with your centre depth? I'm an Oilers fan, glad other teams would think highly enough of him to want him in spite of that. You'd think otherwise from some of the people hyping Couturier on our board.

I think Duchene could transition to the wing well with his style of play, if there ever ends up being a glut of quality centers on the Avs.

Avs should take who they think is BPA. If it's RNH, I wouldn't hesitate to take him.

mikeyeightseven

Dec 8, 2009
duchene stays at center, i know you think he resembles a winger but he's a better center than rnh or couturier, they dont move him. sorry but i laugh at people who think he'd be moved to wing. I guess he's such a versatile player he could play wing or center... but a guy like him stays at center, allows him to be more involved in the game, which is important for a player of his caliber.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
duchene stays at center, i know you think he resembles a winger but he's a better center than rnh or couturier, they dont move him. sorry but i laugh at people who think he'd be moved to wing. I guess he's such a versatile player he could play wing or center... but a guy like him stays at center, allows him to be more involved in the game, which is important for a player of his caliber.

He's very versatile. He would do fine at either position, and he would make a better winger than Stastny or RNH would. Duchene isn't deficient defensively or on face-offs, but he's not so outstanding at either that a position change could never be considered. What's best for the team is going to take priority over what's best for the player. Otherwise, no one would ever change positions in the NHL.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I would think the Oilers will leave Landeskog but would be more interested in a C or D. I would think the same applies for Ottawa, after dishing out Fisher to his wife's team they have a hole there that could be filled with RNH or Couturier.

mikeyeightseven

Dec 8, 2009
He's very versatile. He would do fine at either position, and he would make a better winger than Stastny or RNH would. Duchene isn't deficient defensively or on face-offs, but he's not so outstanding at either that a position change could never be considered. What's best for the team is going to take priority over what's best for the player. Otherwise, no one would ever change positions in the NHL.

I agree Duchene could play wing, he'd be bad a**, i just dont think colorado has any intention of moving duchene to wing, Ive heard the duchene rnh comparisons, they seem fair, i just have a hard on for doucher and want to see him more involved in the game ala a center vs winger. i agree with your "the team taking priority over player", lets just hope we can grab larsson or lando so we dont have to worry about this.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Since this draft is a bit of a crap shoot....is there any chance that a team with a top 3 or 4 pick trades down (say trading down from first to fourth) and get something extra?

As an Avs fan, I'd be happy with Landeskog/Strome, pretty happy with RNH as well in terms of forwards. And for dmen, I'd be happy with any of Larsson/Murphy (better Shattenkirk replacement)/Hamilton. So an extra pick in a later round or a bottom 6 player for the chance to trade down wouldn't be the worst thing to me.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
:laugh: Ease off the glue.

Pretty sure that most indications are that Landeskog is who Murray is after...and Senschirp has confirmed this. I know you have a hard-on for RNH but he hasn't come up much in discussion with our scouts/insiders/brass.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Since this draft is a bit of a crap shoot....is there any chance that a team with a top 3 or 4 pick trades down (say trading down from first to fourth) and get something extra?

I can see the first 4 picks trading amongst eachother but it will be something like 3rd pick and 33rd pick for 1st pick. That being said I can see if person in spot #4 doesn't like who is left them might trade down a few spots for the right package

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Pretty sure that most indications are that Landeskog is who Murray is after...and Senschirp has confirmed this. I know you have a hard-on for RNH but he hasn't come up much in discussion with our scouts/insiders/brass.

Even if Landeskog is the #1 guy on Murray's list, that doesn't mean there's a 90% chance that Ottawa picks him. There's a better chance of Ottawa falling out of the top 4 slots.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Avs chances getting better everyday. With this team they'll probably go on a 5 game win streak to end the year and end up in 3rd-5th.

Edit: If Ottawa ends up 4th-5th, and Colorado 1st. I'll take Ottawa's 1st + Nashville 1st. for our 1st....well maybe not. I want a top 2.

NomadJackson

Jun 7, 2010
Even if Landeskog is the #1 guy on Murray's list, that doesn't mean there's a 90% chance that Ottawa picks him. There's a better chance of Ottawa falling out of the top 4 slots.

What's this logic and common sense thing you are using here? No place for that on these forums!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad