Chance Avs nab Larsson or Lando

mikeyeightseven

Dec 8, 2009
So Im an overoptimistic avs fan, we probably finish in the 3-5 range. I hope edm grabs either couturier or RNH, Ott take either lando or larsson and we finish with 3rd overall and take the other one. Id like some opinions from none avs fans please n thanks

Milan the God*

I think they both go number one and two to the Sens and Oilers.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

Me too, maybe RNH to Sens. But Oilers will select Larsson imo.

Florida will likely select Couturier with their selection if they're #3 (imo they will probably select him even if they draft #1).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Depends on who gets the first pick out of the two.

Even though there are some rumours about how much the Sens like Landeskog, I can't see them passing up on Larsson to take him 1st overall.

I also can't see the Oilers taking Landeskog at #2. They'll probably go with RNH or Couturier if Larsson is gone.

If Oilers get the 1st pick and Sens get the 2nd pick then I think Larsson and Landeskog will go 1 and 2.

I really hope the Avs get one of those guys.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I dont think either will go #1 as I think RNH will get that position.. but both will be gone before #5

mikeyeightseven

Dec 8, 2009

Even though there are some rumours about how much the Sens like Landeskog, I can't see them passing up on Larsson to take him 1st overall.

I also can't see the Oilers taking Landeskog at #2. They'll probably go with RNH or Couturier if Larsson is gone.

If Oilers get the 1st pick and Sens get the 2nd pick then I think Larsson and Landeskog will go 1 and 2.

I agree with this, thats the best way to look at. Ott takes larsson no 1 and edm needs a center. people have mentioned on HF boards that edm needs some grit up front, especially post penner, which could be lando but thats a bit of a stretch. I think couturier fits better than rnh for edm. So heres hoping that ott finishes last,

cheers!!

Milan the God*

I could see the Sens trading down with Edmonton so Edmonton can pick Larrson first overall. That's just me, though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
RNH will not go 1st overall.

I doubt Larsson or Landeskog make it to Colorado...sorry mate.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Depends who the Avs management likes.

If they keep this losing streak up (1-13-2), they may be able to pick between the two.

NomadJackson

Jun 7, 2010
RNH will not go 1st overall.

I doubt Larsson or Landeskog make it to Colorado...sorry mate.

Is everyone collectively forgetting the fact that there is a draft lottery and that the season isn't over and therefore the draft order is not set? The Avs may not have the worst record at this point but there's little doubt over the past couple of months the Avs have been the most woeful team in the league... just look at the last couple of games against Edmonton. And the only end in sight is the end of the regular season, so they'll keep moving up the suck list. There's a better than decent chance the Avs will ultimately be picking ahead of Edmonton and Ottawa.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Chances are Oilers grab a C in this draft with their pick if they have a chance at either RNH or Couturier.

Larsson would be the 'back up' plan so to speak.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
The interesting thing would be if Larsson, Land, and SC are off-the-board and the Avs have the 4th pick. Would they take Murphy or Hamilton over RNH? Avs need everything except centers.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I would not discount either team overtaking the Avs.... worst hockey I have ever seen coming from them atm.

The Oilers have 2 games against the Avs, thats 4 of the 6 points right there alone.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I think larsson will be the best play will be the best player of this draft and should be taken 1st and i do believe the avs take landeskog weather they are choosing 2nd 3rd or 4th

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Every team above the Avs in pick order have a really good chance to pass them, IMO. We play the Oilers like 3 more times I think, so that's an automatic 6 points for Edmonton. Ottawa has a rejuvenated Anderson helping our chances. Isles are playing a lot better than they were. Florida's playing better than us also. Avs have a decent shot at any prospect they want.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Assuming Colorado picks 3rd, I think decent chance Ottawa(can use any forward) and Oilers(as much as they can use defense I think RNH really can optimize Hall's potential) both decide to go for forwards

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
lando.jpg

Contact negotiations would be easy.

Lando: "But this is half of my original deal!"
Avs GM: "I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it further."

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Landeskog would be dirty on the Avs. Pretty much fills in Stewart's spot. Think he has the potential to be even better. That could be the perfect landing spot. Larsson and E. Johnson would be downright nasty as well.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
As a Avs fan I want RNH.

Even with your centre depth? I'm an Oilers fan, glad other teams would think highly enough of him to want him in spite of that. You'd think otherwise from some of the people hyping Couturier on our board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad