Post-Game Talk: Champions vs District 5 (quack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Stop comparing this team to last years team. This team is playing worse. Last year is over.
This years team is playing worse by your opinion. By every other metric they're basically the same. You don't get to disregard every other stat because you push through each conversation with "trust me I watched all of the games".

Yeah bro, we all watch all of the games, haven't you noticed it's the same group of losers in these things?

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Cbus game DUD... SJ game VERY GOOD... Ducks game DUD. Often there's no middle ground for this team. They're schizoid :loony:

This is mainly last years team plus one year OLDER, and as someone above noted, they're moving in the opposite direction from last season.
I am not content w/this. SC or no SC.

Glad to see Ovi pot his 40th and Holtby continue to play well.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This just in: Caps fan posts absurd observation about player on messageboard, yet obviously doesn't watch the full game. Film at 11.
I mean who injured him. I watched the game and it said he's not returning but there was no big hit that took him out.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Holy over reaction Batman.
I mean quit asking me to validate why I post things to you and I won't be such a dick about it. There was literally an entire stream of conversation that was going on for several pages that you sort of busted into and then demanded I stop, sort of annoying, ya know?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What happened to Oshie?
Post Game Live with Alan May and they showed Perry with a chicken wing hit in the first period where he targeted Oshie's head. They weren't sure if this was the hit that injured Oshie but they went on to discuss Perry and his reputation for dirty play.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I mean quit asking me to validate why I post things to you and I won't be such a dick about it. There was literally an entire stream of conversation that was going on for several pages that you sort of busted into and then demanded I stop, sort of annoying, ya know?
I didn’t demand you stop. All I said literally was I didn’t see the relevancy. You can disagree without making it personal.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I didn’t demand you stop. All I said literally was I didn’t see the relevancy. You can disagree without making it personal.
No one asked if you saw the relevancy though, that's sort of the point.

Not every conversation on this board is going to be relevant to you, especially if you enter mid-point. We're going to be here for a while if you need everyone to explain the relevancy every time something seemingly random gets posted.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I dunno. He didn't look good on the 2nd goal Ducks scored. Also his skating was off. Didn't have his jump tonight.

I'm not sure you would pass the vision test at the DMV, but thanks for the non-answer.

giphy.gif

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
This years team is playing worse by your opinion. By every other metric they're basically the same. You don't get to disregard every other stat because you push through each conversation with "trust me I watched all of the games".

Yeah bro, we all watch all of the games, haven't you noticed it's the same group of losers in these things?
They are not the same but every other metric.

They are worse in almost all categories...

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
No one asked if you saw the relevancy though, that's sort of the point.

Not every conversation on this board is going to be relevant to you, especially if you enter mid-point. We're going to be here for a while if you need everyone to explain the relevancy every time something seemingly random gets posted.
A message board is where people interact. Holy moly dude. I made an observation on what I had read and obviously I didn’t catch all the context. No need to bite someone’s head off.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I'm not sure you would pass the vision test at the DMV, but thanks for the non-answer.

giphy.gif
What's with the personal shots man? There wasn't 1 player that stood out as good tonight. Kuznetsov and Carlson looked good at moments but I'd have to go back and see if they were responsible for goals scored against or not. However Ovi was not good tonight. Milestone or not it wasn't a good game by him imo. Maybe Miller was the difference but idk.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
A lot of blame to go around, but I will repeat my unpopular opinion. Wilson is reverting to his mean. He’s a marginally skilled offensive player who had a career stretch. I’m now seeing him
fall a lot, get pinned along boards and lose the puck, throw off-target passes, etc He seems to escape blame around here, but I think he’s a large part of it.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I don’t think the Caps look great but I hated the way they were playing most of last year too.

This season is eerily similar to last year pre deadline imo - and the record backs that up for the most part.

The question is can GMBM make a season altering tweak and can Reirden and Co get this team playing more cohesive and consistent?

I for one am not gonna freak out about it - they made up for decades of disappointment and gave me the sporting thrill of my lifetime just a few months back. I certainly can’t get angry with this bunch so soon after all that.

Also, what I’m noticing is more an energy problem than an effort problem. They seem gassed about every other game to me. It’s good that they should have to earn this title defense, however, and they still have time to pick it up. Just watching them you can see the energy needed to come back after climbing the mountain the season before is pretty monumental.

I don’t know, I guess I just have a lot more faith in this group now and no matter what I trust that they’re gonna leave it all out on the ice. Even if they totally flame out I think it’d just add a poignant layer to how hard they pushed for it last spring. I don’t even think they’ll get to that point either. If I’m being honest I think I’ll be feeling proud again when they skate off the ice for the final time this year.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
They are not the same but every other metric.

They are worse in almost all categories...

They are astoundingly spot on to being just about the same team. Give them 24 more games and those might be mirror images.

CURRENT TEAM:

TeamAvAgeGPWLOLPTSPTS%GFGASRSSOSTG/GPPPPOPP%PPAPPOAPK%SHSHASS%SASV%Shooting % + Save %" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(116, 118, 120) rgb(221, 221, 221); padding: 3px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); white-space: nowrap; text-align: right; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">PDOSO
Washington Capitals28.4583219771.6121941830.22-0.016.573617121.054219778.6834174511.11867.906101.33
League Average27.7582923665.5551781780.000.006.103517619.933517680.075518299.61820.908 3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LAST YEAR:

TeamAvAgeGPWLOLPTSPTS%GFGASRSSOSTG/GPPPPOPP%PPAPPOAPK%SHSHASS%SASV%Shooting % + Save %" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(116, 118, 120) rgb(116, 118, 120) rgb(116, 118, 120) rgb(221, 221, 221); padding: 3px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); white-space: nowrap; text-align: right; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(153, 0, 0);">PDO
Washington Capitals28.48249267105.6402562380.21-0.046.075524422.545326980.3048237910.82601.913101.5
League Average28.08241311092.5582442440.000.005.945025020.185025079.827726209.22609.912
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Also a fun reminder:

MetricsCup winners since 20082017-18 Washington Capitals
Shot attempt percentage52.0%49.7%
Expected goal percentage53.1%50.9%
Percentage of penalties in their favor50.4%44.6%
Rank of shot attempt percentage7th8th
Rank of expected goal percentage5th6th
Rank of percentage of penalties in their favor8th14th
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
What's with the personal shots man? There wasn't 1 player that stood out as good tonight. Kuznetsov and Carlson looked good at moments but I'd have to go back and see if they were responsible for goals scored against or not. However Ovi was not good tonight. Milestone or not it wasn't a good game by him imo. Maybe Miller was the difference but idk.

Ovi: 1G, 7 SOG, and 2 hard hits I saw. Vrana looked like he had energy, Carlson was 1+1, otherwise it looked like most players thought the Quackers were going to roll over and play dead. I also saw some players opt not to shoot the puck when they had a lane (Orlov in particular). Sure, Miller played well and Caps didn't bury 2 or 3 breakaways. The PP looks static...like everyone is figuring out a way to do as little work as possible and feed Ovi the puck. Without Oshie the Albatross, there was no one to battle and dig pucks out on PP and 5v5 O-zone. Also, I know he's our whipping boy, but Burky was noticeably bad along the boards all night. His stock value took a hit tonight.

That's what I saw.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
A lot of blame to go around, but I will repeat my unpopular opinion. Wilson is reverting to his mean. He’s a marginally skilled offensive player who had a career stretch. I’m now seeing him
fall a lot, get pinned along boards and lose the puck, throw off-target passes, etc He seems to escape blame around here, but I think he’s a large part of it.

Worst take of the season

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ovi: 1G, 7 SOG, and 2 hard hits I saw. Vrana looked like he had energy, Carlson was 1+1, otherwise it looked like most players thought the Quackers were going to roll over and play dead. I also saw some players opt not to shoot the puck when they had a lane (Orlov in particular). Sure, Miller played well and Caps didn't bury 2 or 3 breakaways. The PP looks static...like everyone is figuring out a way to do as little work as possible and feed Ovi the puck. Without Oshie the Albatross, there was no one to battle and dig pucks out on PP and 5v5 O-zone. Also, I know he's our whipping boy, but Burky was noticeably bad along the boards all night. His stock value took a hit tonight.

That's what I saw.
I didn't like Ovi on this play. He can stickcheck that forward if he hustles.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I didn't like Ovi on this play. He can stickcheck that forward if he hustles.

I'm gonna go ahead and say there were four guys in that clip with their heads up their own asses. They all lost 33 and then all loafed back. Holtby didn't play that too well either. Too aggressive with someone on his doorstep.

Team effort boys and girls and babes.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad