Post-Game Talk: Champions vs District 5 (quack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Panic moves always work well, ahem Forsberg for Erat.

I'm not advocating for panic moves at all. I think we'll be fine. Let's be honest, GMBM is thinking about deals he's been offered and inquired about. I don't think we'll see another stupid trade like that again. Well, I hope not :).

Reactions: calicapsfan

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
So disappointing to see this effort after what we saw in the San Jose game.

The way they talked after that game was as if they "got it" and knew what they had to do from here on out.

Guess not.

Reactions: Portable Mink

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So we're ignoring that this "totally different team" literally is performing to the exact same standards as last year? Ok...

Once more...

February 17th 2018

33-18-7 (73pts)

February 17th 2019

32-19-7 (71pts)
We aren't performing bat the same standards. Look at the points all you want but if you have watched all the games you know this team is playing worse this year.

Reactions: troyerlaw

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Why are you ignoring the other 3 years of his time here where he couldn't get out of the second round... or better yet, the other 19 seasons where he never made it out either.
Because when you win a Cup you don’t get let go.

Other 2 seasons Caps won Presidents Trophy too.

Reirdon with basically same team is fighting for a playoff spot.

How can people not see the difference? This is worst they’ve played in YEARS

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Agreed. If they're forced to perform in order to get in (or get a #1 or 2 Division seed), I expect they'll be more competitive than 4 or 5 seasons ago when they coasted into the 'loffs.
Yeah let's squeak into the playoffs so we can get the Lightning in round 1.

Reactions: troyerlaw

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Almost doesnt mean anything? But we want to fire a coach for almost not making the playoffs?
Not yet - but if he doesn’t make it or caps lose early then yes. It’s obvious Reirdon isn’t doing well right now. This team is same team trotz had and it’s wayyyy worse (right now) than any of the Caps teams the previous three years...

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Like this quality eye test bullshit. Did the caps of last regular season look as good as the caps of 2 years ago when they won the presidents?

Reactions: SBraun

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Because when you win a Cup you don’t get let go.

Other 2 seasons Caps won Presidents Trophy too.

Reirdon with basically same team is fighting for a playoff spot.

How can people not see the difference? This is worst they’ve played in YEARS
Who cares? When you win a cup your not suppose to care about the following season.

Sarcasm. I agree.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
We aren't performing bat the same standards. Look at the points all you want but if you have watched all the games you know this team is playing worse this year.
Or maybe you didn't watch every game last season because this team was incredibly underwhelming in the regular season and the rose colored glasses is making everyone act like they were a wagon.

On this day a year ago we lost 7-1 to one of the worst teams in the league. I'm almost petty enough to find that damn GDT to show all the same posters posting all the same doom and gloom shit.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm not advocating for panic moves at all. I think we'll be fine. Let's be honest, GMBM is thinking about deals he's been offered and inquired about. I don't think we'll see another stupid trade like that again. Well, I hope not :).
Said it before, you always pay more at the TDL and seldom do TDL moves end up moving the team's needle. Looking back at the Caps TDL moves, the only ones that worked for the Caps were Kempny last year and 2008 when the Caps acquired Federov, Huet and Matt Cooke otherwise we traded picks for has beens and may be one of the reasons why the cupboard is bare at Hershey in the forward department. I keep saying draft and develop and the only way you can draft is by holding on to the picks and not surrendering them for someone who's not really going to help.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
You keep making this distinction. But the team has 1 fewer win than last year and is second in the Metro. They dominated the RS for years and had nothing to show for it. It's an illusion.
Maybe... but I disagree.
Right now John Walton, who hardly ever, just blasted the Caps play. Inconsistent, losing too many face-offs, not a good effort, etc.

He works for the franchise and has to slant positive. But you can't ignore their play, even vs. low end teams !
They play like this in r1 and they lose. I didn't expect another SC, but I didn't expect them to limp into the post season.
There's still time, but it's running out :ha:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Maybe... but I disagree.
Right now John Walton, who hardly ever, just blasted the Caps play. Inconsistent, losing too many face-offs, not a good effort, etc.

He works for the franchise and has to slant positive. But you can't ignore their play, even vs. low end teams !
They play like this in r1 and they lose. I didn't expect another SC, but I didn't expect them to limp into the post season.
There's still time, but it's running out :ha:
Ok. Or maybe what @Skrudland2Lomakin said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad