Post-Game Talk: Champions vs District 5 (quack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’d move Djoos to the top 4.

But other than that I am struggling to see lineup decisions as the issue. Their neutral zone play is terrible and has been for most of the season. Maybe they can revert to their postseason form but right now it is ugly.

If Oshie is out for any length of time I’d consider going after a quality RW. But otherwise it seems like it’s going to have to be up to this group to pull it together.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Because when you win a Cup you don’t get let go.

Other 2 seasons Caps won Presidents Trophy too.

Reirdon with basically same team is fighting for a playoff spot.

How can people not see the difference? This is worst they’ve played in YEARS
I agree with you. Thus team is playing undisciplined hockey. And I think Reirden ius in over his head. He was fortunate enough to take over a team that is very skilled.

Reactions: Heath

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Can't find the GDT from this day last year (7-1 loss to one of the worst teams in the league), the closest game I could find was this this Jan 19th loss to the Habs.

GDT has everything you'd assume, people asking why Backstrom/Ovechkin look awful, is Oshie healthy?, a fire Trotz sentiment, lots of references to how bad the team is, ya know, stuff you'd see in a 2019 thread as well.
Post-Game Talk: - Habs @ Caps 730pm ET - National Lampoon's Adversity Vacation

Reactions: calicapsfan

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Playing down to an opponent again? Maybe a lil too much 420 before the game?

I'm not sure what's worse, the Caps play or some of the posts tonight. Come on people: Regroup, do some homework, and make sure your posts tomorrow support your long-standing, beaten-to-death narratives reposted in the most hyperbolic and exasperated manner.

We can do this, but it will have to be a team effort.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Can't find the GDT from this day last year (7-1 loss to one of the worst teams in the league), the closest game I could find was this this Jan 19th loss to the Habs.

GDT has everything you'd assume, people asking why Backstrom/Ovechkin look awful, is Oshie healthy?, a fire Trotz sentiment, lots of references to how bad the team is, ya know, stuff you'd see in a 2019 thread as well.
Post-Game Talk: - Habs @ Caps 730pm ET - National Lampoon's Adversity Vacation
Cool. Let’s talk about tonight’s game.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ovi shouldn't have been Caps player of the game. Bad game by his standards. Not awful but quite bad.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
It think it’s high time to fire Forsythe already. He has really little more to offer the team. The same stagnant, little movement PP that has little but OV’a turret to offer.

I also think it’s fair to say we have every reason to worry about this team getting to the playoffs and, if in, succeeding in the playoffs with Reirden at the helm. They do not look like a well coached team. Particularly I’m not seeing changes in focus and attention to detail from a bad period to the next period. We either start strong and fizzle later or we start fizzling and stay fizzling.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I’ll love this team for forever. They won a Cup. I won’t ever think overall badly for any of the guys on the team last year.

However, this season I do see a major difference. So many things are worse than last year and the only thing that makes sense to that is coaching. At first I was thinking maybe it was being tired. But caps had over a week off during all star break and didn’t have a road game in a THREE week span. So when I see a game VS a team that has scored 5 goals last 6 games and caps give that up alone (while giving up 40+ shots VS lowest shooting team in league), I just think zero chance A Trotz team has that happen.

We’ve talked for basically entire season that it’s good the team hasn’t “turned it on” too early... but I don’t know if this team can do it with this system.

My main hope is just that the players decide to do their things come playoffs.
I trust the core players on this team 10x more than the coaches.

It’s nkt jsut Reirdon either. Trotz took MULTIPLE coaches with him to the Island...

Reactions: troyerlaw and Heath

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Or maybe you didn't watch every game last season because this team was incredibly underwhelming in the regular season and the rose colored glasses is making everyone act like they were a wagon.

On this day a year ago we lost 7-1 to one of the worst teams in the league. I'm almost petty enough to find that damn GDT to show all the same posters posting all the same doom and gloom ****.
I watched every game last season and this season. We are without doubt playing worse this year.
Remember last season we went through some growing pains early in the season because we started so many rookies. We went with 2 rookie dmen for a large chunk of the season. We have no excuses this season. Its been our veterans that have been killing us this year. The Niskanen/Orlov pairing was solid for a couple of seasons and this year they suddenly forgot his to play. This looks more like an issue with the system than the personnel.

Reactions: chilimac

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Or we can talk about the actual play in this game? Who the hell cares about the MTL game last year? I’m not taking sides here but I don’t see the relevancy.
Maybe read the thread?

The relevance is there is a narrative developing amongst some posters that last years team was exceptionally better despite a near exact record and roster, and that all of us knew it, I posted an old GDT to demonstrate that it looked exactly like this one.

What are you the posting police? If you don't see the relevance move on or report. Didn't realize I had to have all my posts certified by you before posting.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Maybe read the thread?

The relevance is there is a narrative developing amongst some posters that last years team was exceptionally better despite a near exact record and roster, and that all of us knew it, I posted an old GDT to demonstrate that it looked exactly like this one.

What are you the posting police? If you don't see the relevance move on or report. Didn't realize I had to have all my posts certified by you before posting.
Holy over reaction Batman.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Or maybe you didn't watch every game last season because this team was incredibly underwhelming in the regular season and the rose colored glasses is making everyone act like they were a wagon.

On this day a year ago we lost 7-1 to one of the worst teams in the league. I'm almost petty enough to find that damn GDT to show all the same posters posting all the same doom and gloom ****.
Stop comparing this team to last years team. This team is playing worse. Last year is over.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Ovi shouldn't have been Caps player of the game. Bad game by his standards. Not awful but quite bad.

Not sure what game you were watching. He looked engaged, scored his 40th, was shooting the puck, making hits, and had 1 or 2 other quality chances. Which player not named Ovi should of received player of the game?

Reactions: peterthegreat12

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’ll love this team for forever. They won a Cup. I won’t ever think overall badly for any of the guys on the team last year.

However, this season I do see a major difference. So many things are worse than last year and the only thing that makes sense to that is coaching. At first I was thinking maybe it was being tired. But caps had over a week off during all star break and didn’t have a road game in a THREE week span. So when I see a game VS a team that has scored 5 goals last 6 games and caps give that up alone (while giving up 40+ shots VS lowest shooting team in league), I just think zero chance A Trotz team has that happen.

We’ve talked for basically entire season that it’s good the team hasn’t “turned it on” too early... but I don’t know if this team can do it with this system.

My main hope is just that the players decide to do their things come playoffs.
I trust the core players on this team 10x more than the coaches.

It’s nkt jsut Reirdon either. Trotz took MULTIPLE coaches with him to the Island...
I think someone recently nailed it when they said the Trotz-Reirden combo is what was successful. We miss Reirden the defensive coach and Cashman is showing himself to be a poor replacement.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Not sure what game you were watching. He looked engaged, scored his 40th, was shooting the puck, making hits, and had 1 or 2 other quality chances. Which player not named Ovi should of received player of the game?
I dunno. He didn't look good on the 2nd goal Ducks scored. Also his skating was off. Didn't have his jump tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->