Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidityKills

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Coutinho was putrid over the two legs. Makes me smile.

Suarez I have more empathy for because I love him and he gave everything for Liverpool (even if he's a ***** to play against).

I can't help but love Suarez. Can never forget some of the ridiculous goals he pulled off for Liverpool, and he just loves to compete. Coutinho I liked while he was here, but he definitely got an overinflated ego and I don't miss his inconsistency.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I can't help but love Suarez. Can never forget some of the ridiculous goals he pulled off for Liverpool, and he just loves to compete. Coutinho I liked while he was here, but he definitely got an overinflated ego and I don't miss his inconsistency.

Suarez’s hatrick against Norwich is a fond memory of mine

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Took out my laptop because what I'm going to write is too long for doing it over phone. I need to rant a bit, though I must say I'm a bit anesthetized after what my Bolts did to me, what a brutal year overall sports-wise for me.

To start off I want to give some credit to Liverpool. They never gave up and I think putting aside bias they were overall the better side in the two legs, so it's not like the overall result is a travesty or anything like at. What it is a f***ing joke is how it got to that point.
You win 3-0 in a game that was very even but you got that killer instinct.
Then you go to play away without their best player injured, and some other key members of the team off. The play it is quite even and you have very good chances to score, you go to half-time 1-0 down but still you should easily get away with the tie.

And then the 2nd half happens. I have no words to describe this 2nd half, probably some of the most dull 45 minutes of football I've ever seen this team play, no willing to play, no willing to win, just zombies on a pitch. Did they believe it was already won? I don't get it.

My opinion on FCB players tonight:
Ter-Stegen - I thought that, honestly, he was left out to dry. He could have saved the 2nd but he also had some very good saves, in my opinion one of the very few players that escapes the f***ing blame.
Pique - I don't know where to start, overall brutal game and you expect much better from an elite defender like him.
Lenglet - In a day like today is where you can notice the difference between an elite version of Umtiti and Lenglet, he can't make up for the rest of D playing shit.
Jordi Alba - That 2nd half is the worst I've ever seen him play. If I were him I would go to sleep ashamed.
Sergi Roberto - Passenger on the field, one of many.
Semedo - Came on the 2nd half after the 3rd goal but he's just not good enough offensively, I guess he kind of tried.
Busquets - Don't even want to talk about him, he's been way below average this season, Frenkie is going to put him into the bench.
Vidal - I don't like the guy but he gave it all today, he cared more than almost anybody on the team.
Rakitic - Read Sergi Roberto
Arthur - He came too late
Coutinho - Just sell the guy, what a dissapointment
Suarez - He was fighting all 1st half and then in the 2nd... don't even remember him touching the ball in the 2nd.
Messi - He's not the reason why we lost (not even close), but you have to bury one of the chances he had in the 1st half... game over if he scores just one of them.

And my special.
Valverde - I will define today's game with... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." He needs to be fired with immediate effect. Two EPIC chokes in consecutive years is unacceptable... and this was a super chance to win the CL (no disrespect to Ajax or Spurs).

And I cannot go without having a special mention on Liverpool's 4th goal.
We're going to be a f***ing laughing stock for months/years because of that goal. Worst effort you will ever see with what was on stake. I'm embarrassed to be a fan of a team that got scored on that goal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I had to wait watch the last stuff after the Origi goal. Haven’t read anything in this topic. I’m at a loss for words really. I’ve never seen a team like this. There is no logic to this result whatsoever.

Absolutely lost it when Origi scored. Couldn’t believe that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
“It was too much. It was overwhelming.”
"It's 10 past 10, the children are probably in bed. These boys are f***ing unbelievable. I seen James Milner crying on the pitch afterwards."
"The whole performance was too much, it was overwhelming. In my life I've watched many football games and I can never a match like this"

- Klopp

Honestly, I don’t know what else to say. These lads were missing four of their most important players and showed the biggest balls I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad