Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Not remotely joking, regardless of what happens in the final or what happens Sunday, I take Liverpool's season over what City has done.

To borrow from Uli Hesse, City's success amounts to cold glory.

What Liverpool are doing is the flesh and blood version.

Maybe 2019/20 will be third time lucky for Valverde's 'collapse like a tent' strategy of closing out two-legged ties on the road.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Valverde should announce his resignation. You can go out in the CL SFs, but not in that way. Just embarrassing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You can rue all the chances missed in the first leg all you want but you come out and play like that you do not deserve to win. The chances were there in the first half and were poorly taken too. From cout to Alba to Suarez all failed.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Is anyone else still shaking?

I’m still shaking.

Legendary, historic result.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You can rue all the chances missed in the first leg all you want but you come out and play like that you do not deserve to win. The chances were there in the first half and were poorly taken too. From cout to Alba to Suarez all failed.
Coutinho was putrid over the two legs. Makes me smile.

Suarez I have more empathy for because I love him and he gave everything for Liverpool (even if he's a bitch to play against).

Reactions: StupidityKills

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Alba wasn't good, but I wouldn't lay this at his feet. He's had a tremendous season including an excellent first leg. Busquets on the other hand did nothing.

Eh? Only payed close attention to him in the first half, and he was brilliant then. Always got out under pressure and just had a few very high IQ plays. Was kind of in shock for most of the second half to really focuss on anyone in particular.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
This, no doubt.
You can wonder which was worse if this or against Roma

Tough call, Liverpool's a lot better than Roma. So there's that , but Liverpool had to score 4, which is a bit harder to do obviously.

Either way, something's gotta give in Barcelona. Two CL defeats like that... yeesh.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Eh? Only payed close attention to him in the first half, and he was brilliant then. Always got out under pressure and just had a few very high IQ plays. Was kind of in shock for most of the second half to really focuss on anyone in particular.

Gives the ball away too easily, slower than molasses and offered very little. Busquets' season has been probably average at best. Whole match I was thinking that if we did go through I'd be happy if he started the Final on the bench. We need De Jong badly.

Reactions: Ajacied
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->