Euro: Champions League Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What an embarrassing performance.

• Gave away the tie. It was like having a winning lottery ticket and giving it to the first person you encounter on the street.
  • Valverde should be fired tomorrow. To have the team come out like that at the start and in the second half with absolutely no clue how to attempt to come back. Who has everybody standing at the edge of the area waiting for the ball? Especially players who aren't suited for that sort of role.
  • Disgraceful from the players. You had the weekend off and can't put in the shift? Busquets and Rakitic can both go.
  • Ref could have had the injury time right and it wouldn't have mattered.

Congratulations Liverpool.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Valverde needs to go, that Dembele miss in the 1st leg hurts more but there’s no excuse to not have a game plan and win the tie with a 3-0 lead. Especially since they were missing their best attackers

One of the better CL tournaments in a while it must be said

Dembele miss hurts, but Salah also missed a sitter in the first leg.

Overall Liverpool were a significantly better side over the course of two legs.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hate to be sappy but I've got tears in my eyes watching the team sing YNWA with the crowd here.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
That Dembele miss at the end... Didn't think it would have mattered that much.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2009
What an embarrassing performance.

• Gave away the tie. It was like having a winning lottery ticket and giving it to the first person you encounter on the street.
  • Valverde should be fired tomorrow. To have the team come out like that at the start and in the second half with absolutely no clue how to attempt to come back. Who has everybody standing at the edge of the area waiting for the ball? Especially players who aren't suited for that sort of role.
  • Disgraceful from the players. You had the weekend off and can't put in the shift? Busquets and Rakitic can both go.
  • Ref could have had the injury time right and it wouldn't have mattered.

No idea why they extended Valverde without waiting out to how the season finished.

Liverpool played great and deserved it.

Alba played like f***ing garabge.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Could we just have a nice thing (this Liverpool win) and not turn it into an EPL vs. other leagues fest? Thanks.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
You know, I started out rooting for Barca... 20 minutes later and 4 Suarez flops, 2-in-the-ref's face Suarez specials... I was rooting for Liverpool.

I feel a bit for Lovren who lost his spot to Matip after his injury, but there's no shame in that, Matip has been absolutely lights out, including tonight.

Reactions: YNWA14

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Best LB in the world caused 2 goals today. Best keeper in the world could've done better on the 2nd goal. Plenty of blame to go around. Vv with his professional tactics can kick rocks. He's done there's no coming back from another choke job.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
This is easily one of the most frustrating losses as a barca fan. They’re NO EXCUSES for losing this tie. 3-goal lead, no away goals given up and Pool is missing their top striker. Nothing about this says we should’ve lost but whaddaya know, Barca comes out playing like a much of dead men walking on the field and playing not too lose, rather than going for the kill.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No idea why they extended Valverde without waiting out to how the season finished.

Liverpool played great and deserved it.

Alba played like ****ing garabge.

Alba wasn't good, but I wouldn't lay this at his feet. He's had a tremendous season including an excellent first leg. Busquets on the other hand did nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad