GWT: Champions League Semifinals.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Pens is not luck?
The only missed pen was on the post with Buffon beaten.
I can certainly make a case for Australia the reffing was disgraceful all game.

You have to accept the fact that Italy deserved the 2006 World Cup because was the better and stronger team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You have to accept the fact that Italy deserved the 2006 World Cup because was the better and stronger team.

Do you think Brazil was better in 94?
Pens are a crap shoot. Both teams deserved it, one had to win.
But did Italy deserve to beat Australia?

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Do you think Brazil was better in 94?
Pens are a crap shoot. Both teams deserved it, one had to win.
But did Italy deserve to beat Australia?

You seems still bitter after 11 years. South Korea did deserve to beat Italy (and Spain) in 2002?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
As long as Atletico are in the final it's fine. I'd prefer Monaco though. Enough with the cheating teams. And let's hope for better games as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You seems still bitter after 11 years. South Korea did deserve to beat Italy (and Spain) in 2002?

Not bitter, disappointed.
Italy should have been knocked out by Australia, period.
And then to lose on pens is always tough, especially in a WC final.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Don't let anyone tell you Vidal didn't deserve to be off in that match lol

Best top5 midfielder in the world didn't even dive after that sucker punch. I'm so proud of him :handclap:

On /r/fcbayern I got absolutely thrashed because I said Bayern were second-best to Real over the two legs. 23 shots to 5 - no way did Bayern deserve to go through. The better team won, and Vidal always plays on the line so I can't be mad when he gets sent off for (A LEGITIMATE) but soft 2nd yellow.

Casemiro should've been sent off though, that one is the most outrageous imo.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
So there you go another huge mistake by the referee and the useless 4th referee. So overall it's still something like 6-1 Real in the bad calls. Ancelotti should have taken Vidal out anyway or better a team like Bayern shouldn't have signed an idiot like this. Their midfield was so weak.

Monaco fans should be prepared for bizarre referee decisions in their games with Juventus. They are clearly the "little" team left in there and they should put pressure on the ref early on. I can't wait to see the referee assignments.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
So there you go another huge mistake by the referee and the useless 4th referee. So overall it's still something like 6-1 Real in the bad calls. Ancelotti should have taken Vidal out anyway or better a team like Bayern shouldn't have signed an idiot like this. Their midfield was so weak.

Monaco fans should be prepared for bizarre referee decisions in their games with Juventus. They are clearly the "little" team left in there and they should put pressure on the ref early on. I can't wait to see the referee assignments.
Vidal's a tremendous presence and player, he plays on the edge and comes out on top more often than not.

I personally am enjoying pointing out the hypocrisy in my fellow Bayern supporters who refuse to blame Bayern for Bayern's terrible overall performance - instead they take the lame, easy, lazy route of blaming everyone BUT Bayern. Vidal should've been sent off for that punch, if Kroos was a weaker and lamer player he would be writhing in pain like Busquets or Suarez. Thankfully he's made of better stuff than that and continued on.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Vidal's a tremendous presence and player, he plays on the edge and comes out on top more often than not.

I personally am enjoying pointing out the hypocrisy in my fellow Bayern supporters who refuse to blame Bayern for Bayern's terrible overall performance - instead they take the lame, easy, lazy route of blaming everyone BUT Bayern. Vidal should've been sent off for that punch, if Kroos was a weaker and lamer player he would be writhing in pain like Busquets or Suarez. Thankfully he's made of better stuff than that and continued on.

:rolleyes:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
So there you go another huge mistake by the referee and the useless 4th referee. So overall it's still something like 6-1 Real in the bad calls.

How's that then? 6-1?

Lets forget the penalty in the first game.

Vidal could, and should, have been sent off on two separate occasions before any of the controversial stuff that happened later on went Real's way.
If Vidal is off at 48 mins (like he should've been), in all likeliness Real just guide the game home, 0-0, 1-0, something like that.

The Ramos own goal was offside, by a hair, but it was - same as Ronaldo's second goal.

Real two goals offside, Vidal 2nd yellow (foul but on that occasion not a yellow), Casemiro should've been sent off in the 83rd.

So big calls, I won't say it evened out, but if Vidal is sent off on any of those two occasions, Real just goes through with ease.

Bayern fans can be mad at the ref, sure.
But their #1 target should be Arturo Vidal and the utterly selfish, reckless plays he was making on the pitch the entire game.
Fantastic player - but sometimes just acts like a child, with no thoughts spared to how it might effect his team if he got sent off.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Still can't understand anyone wanting Buffon to win considering the fascist stuff from the past. Of course if they're ignorant of that then that's one thing.

Didn't look like a punch from Vidal but rather an arm to the face. Splitting hairs I know. Still with Mandzukic disguising two elbows in both legs against Barça or Ronaldo having thrown clear punches in the past on multiple occasions I don't see any cause for giving Vidal special treatment.

No offside on Ramos' own goal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Still can't understand anyone wanting Buffon to win considering the fascist stuff from the past. Of course if they're ignorant of that then that's one thing.

Aye. Even putting that aside (and people shouldn't) it's a club that got caught buying referees. Nobody knows how long for.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Atletico-Monaco is the best final possible. Enough with the cheaters. Juventus were the king of cheating for a long time and probably sitll are in Serie A but I don't watch much Serie A these days. After all this week of boring games, cheating and bad referees, yesterday we had a terrific game Lyon-Besiktas and a terrific referee in that game as well, quite refreshing. The referee of Barcelona-Juventus was ok though.

Can someone put a little video of the Ramos own goal to see if it was offside?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Lewandowski was in an offside position when Muller chested it down, but Lewandowski never touched the ball. Only Nacho and then of course Ramos did.

Aye. Even putting that aside (and people shouldn't) it's a club that got caught buying referees. Nobody knows how long for.

Exactly, people shouldn't put that aside.

I won't get into Juventus, but I will say they're not the only club. Another notably European club (not Marseille either) has basically been caught and little if anything happened to them.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Every big club has blood on their hands in some way or another. This Juve team is really impressive and I'd love to see them, or Atletico, or even Monaco win. If Madrid win that's fine too, they'll be challenging Barcelona's dynasty with one of their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad