Champions League: Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Team looks much more dangerous against this low block now that Salah is off. He's just tried to do too much himself. Need more passing and movement to break them down.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The referee just consistently lets them handball and gives throw-ins to them when the ball goes off their players. Completely ridiculous.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Nothing after the four minutes? Felt like the referee really enabled the shithousing.

Again, Liverpool didn't create many chances that you could be disappointed in not taking.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool clearly going to run them over in the second leg. This game has a barca feel x10 to it
Nobody is going to run them over when they play as negatively as they do. Liverpool are going to need to score a couple of goals but they always have problems with teams that bunker down. Second leg is far from a given especially since Atletico don't need to chase a goal or worry about away goals.

Reactions: Elvis P

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Salah for Oxlade-Chamberlain substitution cost us a result.

Ox was absolutely deplorable. Couldn't complete a pass to a teammate.

Our offensive momentum was destroyed when Salah came off.

Don't know what Klopp was looking to get out of that substitution in a situation where he needed a goal.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nobody is going to run them over when they play as negatively as they do. Liverpool are going to need to score a couple of goals but they always have problems with teams that bunker down. Second leg is far from a given especially since Atletico don't need to chase a goal or worry about away goals.
Yeah, I'm always confident about our chances to win at home but now it's going to be 90 more minutes of Simeone being the only one doing anything.

We really could have used a goal to force them to play.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Salah for Oxlade-Chamberlain substitution cost us a result.

Ox was absolutely deplorable. Couldn't complete a pass to a teammate.

Our offensive momentum was destroyed when Salah came off.

Don't know what Klopp was looking to get out of that substitution in a situation where he needed a goal.
Ox just needed to come on for Wijnaldum instead of Salah, and 10 minutes earlier IMO. I thought the whole point of Ox coming on was adding a threat from 18 yards on his right foot, which is negated when he's used as a right winger.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ox just needed to come on for Wijnaldum instead of Salah, and 10 minutes earlier IMO. I thought the whole point of Ox coming on was adding a threat from 18 yards on his right foot, which is negated when he's used as a right winger.
Yeah, like, Ox can be effective but it's always been at LW where he can actually shoot.

They were just running him into the corner where he's helpless.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

I think they are. Some sharpness from Liverpool and Athletico will concede some goals. This wasn't as bad as the final but it felt kind of similar so many poor passes and touches that gave the possession and/or chance away. There is room to create good scoring opportunities if you move the ball quickly when they press, it's not like they just fill up the middle and leave the flanks wide open

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good result from Dortmund. That second goal was huge. I said before the game any type of win would work, and 2-1 works.

I thought we played extremely well actually. It could’ve been a few more, if not for poor finishing from everyone except for Haaland.

The defense held up extremely well also. PSG only had two real chances, and I thought we outplayed them in the midfield. Gueye was woeful. Our two CM’s played well, and Verratti player well but couldn’t drag around his CM partner.

No surprise that Mbappe’s only influence in the game was when he dropped deep to get the ball. Tuchel made an error playing Di Maria over Icardi.

PSG will be without Meunier and Verratti in the second leg. That should definitely help us out. I think we have a good chance to go through. PSG could go through, but that was a needed result for us to have a good chance in the second leg.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Anyone got the video of Haaland clearing at the back for then to run the full length of the pitch in 3.47 seconds? That was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad