Champions League: Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Proper football is winning football, he comes off as a sore loser for trying to say Atlético play boring football, without acknowledging his team just had 62 crosses in a game.
But he's right.

They spent about 180 minutes of the tie literally not even trying to score.

Good for them that they won but people don't have to like it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You wanna know what's f***ed?

That was my first of two Champions League matches today.

This sport is actually a job.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wanna know what's going through the minds of people who left that game.

A Champions League, a Super Cup, a World Cup, our first title in 30 years, and a handful of records and you can't give that team the whole 120 minutes?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lol no they won't. The games are now on a case by case basis. There is no way to know when they will restart once they stop. Meanwhile scores of people will die while this is going on. This is going to be a terrible year.

Yeah, about 300 000 people died just today (globally, for various reasons).

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I have a theory. Dortmund players dont like to travel so there twins play all away games.
Have no idea why this team plays that anxious on away games. As soon as they are out of Dortmund air they loose all confidence.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lost in all the corona and liverpool choke job is PSG making asses out of themselves. Lets hope if they do play again they get knocked on their ass.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Everything else aside, if you still don't get it with Henderson, you never will.

This team is a tier better when he's on the pitch. We low-key did nothing after he went off in extra time.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow. Never would have bet on Atleti winning much less like that. Llorente and Morata the goalscorers too. You could probably retire betting that right.

People will claim I'm having a go, the usual dipsticks to be sure, but I'm not. This really should be upsetting for Liverpool supporters. I can only imagine what winning recently (in various competitions) means considering the past how many years and winning a league and a CL if you play well and deserve it should always be enjoyed, but this season has really turned out to be a miss. You can't win the CL ever year, but with this side I'd then expect to be challenging for a double and I'm not talking about the Carabao Cup either. Going out of the FA Cup now looks an even bigger miss. Again, I'm not having a go because I say the same about Barça with Messi in the team. To think they missed out on two more CLs thanks to the refs in one instance and their own mistakes in the other. Hell, just missing out on last season's Copa was a kick in the teeth. Liverpool were in a position though to rotate more in the league and go for the FA Cup as well. I think the club put such an emphasis on winning the league that they didn't get the balance right even after it was clear the league was already well over and done with.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
‪Atletico Madrid fans : this might be the year Simeone finally wins the Champions League‬ (brought to you by Heineken)

Coronavirus : hold my Corona ‬

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Liverpool. Losing at home to Mourinho tactics.

That CL last season is awfully looking like a fluke such as Chelsea's was.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wow. Never would have bet on Atleti winning much less like that. Llorente and Morata the goalscorers too. You could probably retire betting that right.

People will claim I'm having a go, the usual dipsticks to be sure, but I'm not. This really should be upsetting for Liverpool supporters. I can only imagine what winning recently (in various competitions) means considering the past how many years and winning a league and a CL if you play well and deserve it should always be enjoyed, but this season has really turned out to be a miss. You can't win the CL ever year, but with this side I'd then expect to be challenging for a double and I'm not talking about the Carabao Cup either. Going out of the FA Cup now looks an even bigger miss. Again, I'm not having a go because I say the same about Barça with Messi in the team. To think they missed out on two more CLs thanks to the refs in one instance and their own mistakes in the other. Hell, just missing out on last season's Copa was a kick in the teeth. Liverpool were in a position though to rotate more in the league and go for the FA Cup as well. I think the club put such an emphasis on winning the league that they didn't get the balance right even after it was clear the league was already well over and done with.

There's way too much going on right now to be upset about football first of all. Plus our keeper got hurt and that directly caused the result.

Second of all, they will win the league after that CL last season. What did Chelsea do the next season?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
There's way too much going on right now to be upset about football first of all. Plus our keeper got hurt that directly caused the result.

Yet few if any of you referenced the other things going on right now, unless of course you mean your personal life. I also don't think everything else going on would have dampened the spirits much had you won.

To each their own, but Alisson being out at a club of Liverpool's stature with Liverpool's resources shouldn't mask the disappoint much. In fact if that's the big issue, considering the recent history with Mignolet I'd think you'd be even more upset.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not having a go but I would rather disappointed with only winning the league and missing out on the CL and FA Cup considering how good this current Liverpool side is.

Reactions: Cassano

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Second of all, they will win the league after that CL last season. What did Chelsea do the next season?
Chelsea didn't have Liverpool's momentum entering into the season, then Reds got an extremely easy schedule, and got to face Man City at their weakest level. However, the momentum was broken to the 1st leg loss against Atletico, carried over to Watford, and is now becoming more consistent. We can both agree that Liverpool won't be going on such an amazing form run anymore.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Chelsea didn't have Liverpool's momentum entering into the season, then Reds got an extremely easy schedule, and got to face Man City at their weakest level. However, the momentum was broken to the 1st leg loss against Atletico, carried over to Watford, and is now becoming more consistent. We can both agree that Liverpool won't be going on such an amazing form run anymore.

Lame explanation. Try much harder.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
But Seph, if they ever finish the season and win only their 4 home games, that is 94. Which would win the league most of the year. Good season regardless of tonight's result.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

Well they went to the final the year before they won it as well. This was Klopp’s first loss in a European two legged knockout tie in charge of Liverpool. Those facts along with the way the wY they played today would suggest that the fluke, if there was one, was in fact getting knocked out.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
But Seph, if they ever finish the season and win only their 4 home games, that is 94. Which would win the league most of the year. Good season regardless of tonight's result.
Oh absolutely, I am just presenting the case that a lot of right had to go their way to achieve what they've done as it does for any winner regardless if it's EPL or Ligue .

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yet few if any of you referenced the other things going on right now, unless of course you mean your personal life. I also don't think everything else going on would have dampened the spirits much had you won.

To each their own, but Alisson being out at a club of Liverpool's stature with Liverpool's resources shouldn't mask the disappoint much. In fact if that's the big issue, considering the recent history with Mignolet I'd think you'd be even more upset.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not having a go but I would rather disappointed with only winning the league and missing out on the CL and FA Cup considering how good this current Liverpool side is.
Agreed, I didn't want to be the one to say it first though for obvious reasons Lol.

They have an amazing team with great chemistry... They went from challenging the Utd treble, potentially matching the City domestic treble, failing to go invincible, to trying to win the PL/CL double to coming away with a PL title. They certainly had the team capable of winning everything, as evident by their 26-1-0 run they went on.

Reactions: les Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad